Tuning Sheets?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nick350z
  • 15 comments
  • 979 views
Messages
176
Messages
frontsidenick
Before they were added, I always thought that it would be really nice to just switch between set ups, but now that they are here, I think i have only used them like once or twice. I don't know about you guys but when I need a different setup I just buy another car :lol:

So do you guys actually use the tune sheets or do you just buy new cars?
 
I sometimes use them but I usually have a different car LOL, but then I like having cars in different colours LOL
 
I agree^^ Also, sometimes I want different parts for different set ups, like aero and what not
 
I use them, and very useful they are too. The set up for the Historic Cup on the two available circuits needs to be very different and using two sheets can mean you use the same car for both races and preserve the set up for the other race.

I've also used them for completely different set ups on the same car. One with completely stock settings another with some tweaks ant the last with more radical changes.

Also the three setting sheets are very useful when testing for which tweaks are worth spending money on to up a car's performance and which do not offer value for money.
 
Nope, I don't use the tuning sheets... :p
Never really needed them, and now that they are added, I still haven't even been into them... :odd: :D
 
In series racing you always have to set the car to the track so tuning sheets don't work for me that much, BUT know that I'm speed tuning my cars via the transmission I use them to hold my tranny info for example:

Sheet A - holds my 180mph tranny info
Sheet B - holds my 186mph tranny info
Sheet C - holds my 193mph tranny info
 
If it let you take aero or things like engine upgrades off then yes, but its a bit limited as is!
 
It sounded like a good idea but in my championship I have a different set up for each of the 16 tracks of the season so not really useful to me in that respect. I have never even looked at using them but maybe they are useful if you only have a couple of set ups needed.
 
I always tune cars to run in a specific PP range, centred around the most popular PP levels online, that being 450/500/550 and 600. Some cars work at 2 different PP levels so I'll tune one at each and with each of those cars, I'll make adjustments to the tune for at least two kinds of tires (sports and racing usually) and sometimes another just for the 'Nurb. They are very handy and I was quite relieved to see them included in an update.👍
 
For me they are quite usefull ...

1. ...while in tuning process, especially combined with the "copy to"-feature. So I'll have my base tune in one sheet and use the second for fiddling around. If things go wrong I can easily restore my previous tune just by copying over from the the "original" values.

2. ... to leave a short description, what the tune was aimed for. I only whished there was a larger text-box beside the title, to enter more informations.

3. ... to save different transmission tunes for different tracks.
 
For me they are quite usefull ...

1. ...while in tuning process, especially combined with the "copy to"-feature. So I'll have my base tune in one sheet and use the second for fiddling around. If things go wrong I can easily restore my previous tune just by copying over from the the "original" values.

2. ... to leave a short description, what the tune was aimed for. I only whished there was a larger text-box beside the title, to enter more informations.

3. ... to save different transmission tunes for different tracks.

same here +1
 
If they give us more sheets then I would consider using them more often. Like 1 of the guys said earlier, if you are a series racer, you use 1 car for 12 weeks @ 12 different tracks so we would need 12 sheets. This would be good so when the next seasons starts instead of spending countless hours re setting a car to a track that you once had before you could just pull the sheet. But as of right now they only help with my detailed transmission tunes set at 3 different max speed settings.
 
I use them some on the 4X4s, one sheet for road, one for dirt. Mostly don't use them tho.
 
I actually use the sheets more than I thought I would. I really wish we had 5 or 6 sheets per car. Right now, I basically run a sheet for fast tracks, one for short, and one for the Ring. I would love to dedicate a sheet to LaSarthe, and one to copy another over, and use it for trial and error tuning.
 
In series racing you always have to set the car to the track so tuning sheets don't work for me that much, BUT know that I'm speed tuning my cars via the transmission I use them to hold my tranny info for example:

Sheet A - holds my 180mph tranny info
Sheet B - holds my 186mph tranny info
Sheet C - holds my 193mph tranny info

This would be one of the only time I'd use the sheets. Another example is with the aero turned down or with the aero turned up. Obviously adjusting the engine limiter or ballast to keep the PP the same.

I'm with the OP, I don't mind having five copies of a car for different setups.
 
I love the tuning sheets... even if it's not something I use with all cars, or even a lot of cars. It's really nice to have the option.

THe other thing the tuning sheets is good for is when I mess with a set-up. :lol: I can do the adjustments and then always go back if I muck it up too much, & want to start again from where I knew I liked it.
 
Back