Tuning the Lotus Elise for more speed?

Uruguay
Uruguay
I've become totally addicted to the Lotus Elise in this game. It handles so much better than anything else that even other small sportsters (like my RUF 3400s) feel like bloated whales. Unlike others, I'm not having any problems with the handling whatsoever even with the car totally maxed even including stage-3 turbo and NOS. What I'm having trouble with is overall speed. I'm trying to run this against much more powerful machines (for example in the Japanese GT series), and I can consistently take the lead and maintain it - until I run out of NOS, then I'll fall back to second place and be unable to retake the lead. I'm doing this because after driving the Lotus for a while I almost can't bear driving anything else. I've tweaked the transmission ratios as much as possible, but to no avail.

Any ideas? What gearing ratios worked best for you?

Also, is there any other car in the game that handles as well as this puppy but which has a little more punch? I can't tell you the number of cars I've wasted money on and then gotten rid of because they just didn't live up...

It is hard to make the Elise go much faster, have you tried really lengthening the final gear?

You could try the Esprit as an alternative, the V8 would be better for power.

Tune the gear ratios around the power curve (keep power as high as possible) ...

Tune the final drive ratio so you're coming close to the rev limiter in the top gear at the end of the fastest straight ...

Back