Tuning the Speed 12

• Thread starter feckless
  • 36 comments
You win it from Red Rock valley in the GT all stars and it's the third fastest car in the game. So anyone that says it's not that good or it's not as good as it should be need to learn how to drive it.

When you get it, get the race kit so you can give it as much downforce as possible and get the TCS a well so you minimise the wheelspin and as you get better with the car lower the TCS until you find the fastest level.

live4speed
The AI sucks at driving in GT, you can beat the GT All stars in a full tuned Europa if your good enough. If you can beat it racing against a mate then you'll find that your mate can't drive the car that well, rest assured if you were to put your best midfield time in the Supra against my best time in the Speed 12, the Speed 12 would be quicker, the records for GT2 tracks at racing line for FR cars are held by the Speed 12 on pretty much every track, I think motorsports land is the only one it isn't but you don't race there anyway.

This is very interesting. I never thought to try the Speedy in the Time Trials. Mine are split between GT-One Road and Escudo.... and yikes!! 55 seconds on Midfield!! :dunce: All my Gt-One pulls is 59!! I had a TCS too, although not at full blast.

7lbs front, 8 lbs rear
front and rear ride height at lowest
shocks at 7/8 7/8
toe -.20/.20
Camber -1.8/-1.3
Stab 5/3

TCS @ 70

Downforce at MAX

LSD @ 6/36/21

This car should run Super Speedway b/t 26-28 seconds.

I very much appreciate your posting these TVR Speed 12 tuning guidelines. You mention setting downforce at maximum which I'd love to do but to the best of my knowledge there is no way to (R)-modify this vehicle to gain access to downforce control. I am playing Gran Turismo 2 and the version of the Speed 12 I have is the one awarded on winning the (memory lapse) cup. This version is one of the several awarded vehicles in GT 2 that are factory or specialty shop branded yet do not come equipped with the racing modification and there's no way to add it, so re: Speed 12 downforce I appear to be stuck. Is it possible to unlock a factory version of the Speed 12 that does allow manipulation of downforce? Thanks for posting this information.

7lbs front, 8 lbs rear
front and rear ride height at lowest
shocks at 7/8 7/8
toe -.20/.20
Camber -1.8/-1.3
Stab 5/3

TCS @ 70

Downforce at MAX

LSD @ 6/36/21

This car should run Super Speedway b/t 26-28 seconds.

I've zero clue as to how, but my reply to your Speed 12 tuning post appeared as though submitted twice so I am tidying up by deleting the redundant text and using this opportunity to wish everyone the happiest of holidays 2022!

Last edited:
I very much appreciate your posting these TVR Speed 12 tuning guidelines. You mention setting downforce at maximum which I'd love to do but to the best of my knowledge there is no way to (R)-modify this vehicle to gain access to downforce control. I am playing Gran Turismo 2 and the version of the Speed 12 I have is the one awarded on winning the (memory lapse) cup. This version is one of the several awarded vehicles in GT 2 that are factory or specialty shop branded yet do not come equipped with the racing modification and there's no way to add it, so re: Speed 12 downforce I appear to be stuck. Is it possible to unlock a factory version of the Speed 12 that does allow manipulation of downforce? Thanks for posting this information.
You absolutely can Race Modify the Speed 12 in the TVR dealership tune shop, you win it form the GT All Stars race at Red Rock Valley.

Latest Posts

Back