Tuning Thread! Post up your tuning options

• Thread starter grafpt
  • 9 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
San Francisco, CA
pixel_activist
I dont really have a good one right now, so that why I wanted to see what everyone else is attempting because what im picking isnt working. Im doing the first race and I qualified 10th (about 2:01ish) Now im trying the race but only get to about 3rd lap before I get frustrated because on straight aways their blowing by me. I can def take them in the turns but once a straight away comes they brake away very quickly. Is there something im missing? Im running Pro, no ads, manual and Virgin race team.

Im running Pro, no ads, manual and Virgin race team.

If you watch F1 you see that the 3 new teams this year (Virgin, Hispania, Lotus) really don't compete with the rest of the field, but rather just with each other. They are currently in 10th, 11th, and 12th in the constructors cup, and the only teams with 0 points. It would be a ridiculus upset if any of those 3 teams won a race. This is probably why your season goal is to finish somewhere around 20th. If you can beat every one of the other drivers of the 3 new teams, you are doing alright.

Nate

ohhhh so its just that the car/team itself is not capable? they made THAT feature realistic lol nice thank you. That def takes away a lot of frustration lol

Well i went into the race with that mind set and pulled 2nd out of my ass lol idk how HAHA. Funny how mind works, though i feel I raced pretty well.

Yeah they have the cars mostly in the right order but every race there are upsets. For instance i was racing silverstone just before and chandhok from hrt started from 6th or 7th position. I think its good though because it would be boring and unrealistic if it was just redbull, mclaren and ferrari upfront all the time.

I usually go with the engineers sugestion for the weather and change it if im unhappy with the setup.

Is there a thread here devoted to car setups? If there isn't then maybe someone should start one.

FWIW... A pretty exhaustive guide on how to setup a car for F1 racing games:
http://www.if1c.hu/downloads/SetupGuide_EN.pdf
Forward
First off: this guide will not make you a faster driver! Unfortunately, there is no quick fix for that. There is no substitute for logging the laps that make your reactions to the car become second nature. There is no quick way to learn a new circuit so you can concentrate totally on what the car is doing at any given point in time. The only way to be faster is to practice, read, learn, and practice some more.

What this guide can help you with, is understanding the various components involved in car setup, and why their adjustments affect what they do. In other words, the guide will give you the knowledge with which to create a faster car. After that, you still must drive the car to its limit!

And what makes a car fast? Well that depends on the driver and his technique. Some drivers prefer a lightly understeering car that reminds them gently where the limit is. Others have a more aggressive style and prefers to use oversteer to steer the car from both ends. And here is what’s tricky: there is not one defining setup that is faster than any other setup for everyone. It’s whatever gives a particular driver the confidence to drive a particular car at its limit. One thing is for sure, as you learn what settings work well for your style, you can generally apply those setup philosophies to most cars with desirable results.

This guide will refer to weight transfer over and over again. An F1 car has a minimum weight limit of 600Kg. That weight is subject to the laws of physics, and manipulating that weight is the science… no, make that voodoo, of car setup. The ultimate goal is to load that weight into the cars contact with earth, its tires, as evenly as possible at all times thus generating the tire temperatures that are deemed optimum for grip. As the car pitches (movement forward and backward) and rolls (movement from side to side) under acceleration, braking and cornering, this weight transfer must be manipulated to your advantage. Keep this in mind at all times because it is the name of the game.

This guide will not get into hotlapping. We will instead, focus on setting up the car for good solid, consistent performance. However, it shouldn’t be too hard to push the principles outlined here to their limits and learn how and why those hotlap setups work.

The guide is divided into two basic parts: Part 1 will focus on all the various parts and pieces of the car, explain their principle roles and what they do, and give a brief setup guideline for each. It is the goal of the first part of this guide to give you a better understanding of what these components are, so you can better understand how and why to adjust them. Part 2 will be a testing session at Silverstone featuring the Arrows A-23 where we’ll go over, in detail, all things discussed in the 1st part, while charting the effects
and laptimes while we sort out the car and develop a well balanced, competitive setup.

Let’s begin…

Do you not see when it was made? lol I didn't even know this was still here HAHA Being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back