Turbotwin01's Cars and Crap

Canada
Ontario, Canada
B-Line98
So after many, many, MANY, disappointing trips to the city and back, my dad finally got what he was looking for, A 2002 Toyota 4Runner. The truck is supposed to be used as a sort of family thing, but it's primary use is going to be my brother and I's starter vehicle (despite me wanting to buy a car myself). The truck is almost completely rust free besides a few tiny pieces that aren't really anything (my dad is a HUGE anti rust/anti body-filler person). The reason behind him getting this is the fact that we already have one that can be used as a parts car.

Unfortunately, we need a new bug deflector.

I also got some mud on it from driving it. Can't be helped on gravel roads.

It is also an SR5.

The truck is also not to far from her spare organs.

The parts truck is actually the higher up Limited trim model, which has bigger fender flares.

Looks like it's perfectly fine right? Well...

Not so.

Overall though, I like this truck. It's smaller than my dad's GMC Sierra or Dodge Ram, so it's easier to get around and has better visibility. We should really fix that bug deflector though.

Nice, I love 4Runners. It should last you damn near forever since I don't think you can actually kill them.

Nice, I love 4Runners. It should last you damn near forever since I don't think you can actually kill them.

I'm thinking that in a couple years or so I'll buy it from my dad and keep using it (as long as my brother doesn't do it first). I think it's only got like 180 000 km on it if memory serves me correctly, and they can probably go to 300 000 easy (plus an even lower km engine in the parts truck). As long as I can some how prevent the rust it should be good.

Um, I managed to kill one. :lol: Mine had 330,000km on it when it died. They do go for ever as long as you don't have the 2.4L TD.

Cool truck, have a similar Tacoma of the same year. It's a Pre-Runner with the TRD package. Got it for free with 20k miles a few years back, have since put another 40 on! I'm guessing you also get plagued by sup-20 MPG? Anyway, these rip offroad. Is yours 4 or RWD?

Cool truck, have a similar Tacoma of the same year. It's a Pre-Runner with the TRD package. Got it for free with 20k miles a few years back, have since put another 40 on! I'm guessing you also get plagued by sup-20 MPG? Anyway, these rip offroad. Is yours 4 or RWD?

Yes, the mpg is far from great. It took a quarter tank to go from the city to our house. Ours is a 4WD, and pretty much every canadian 4Runner is. Were hoping to put a light bar and maybe a bull bar or grille guard, but I don't want to kill it by offroading it too much though.

20160128_122015-1.jpg

So I figure I should update this thread since it has been over a year now.

I took my sisters to their dance classes in spring and the steering wheel felt a touch heavier and something was whinning. Also out of no where the check engine light and tcs lights come on.

The steering rack was leaking power steering fluid. However after my dad let me figure out how to use the OBD2 code reader (since he couldn't and replaced O2 sensors in an attempt to get rid of it) we got codes for evaporation stuff. The Toyota forums said it was most likely the charcoal cannister or fuel neck (both of which were not in the greatest shape.)

So after a year of filling up power steering and passengers thinking they are gonna die because of a check engine light, my dad decided to take it into our shop and fix it since winter is his tinkering time.

Turns out Toyota Forums were spot on! Charcoal Cannister was replaced by my dad and the lights turned off. The steering rack while in good shape is being traded in for a rebuilt one so it hopefully won't leak anymore. The rear bumper began rusting worse so it will be getting replaced along with the filler neck since it is a bit rusty. My dad also grinded away any of the little tiny bits of rust as well as the rust underneath the truck to prevent it from spreading.

Also during summer I accidently hit the mirror of a Jeep Liberty or Patriot by opening the door and now there is a small nickel sized dent in the door. It isn't that bad my dad figured it out (my brother took the heat for the first few days until I admitted to it).

Anyway that sums it up to now pretty much. Compared to my buddy's 2015 GTI Golf it is a slow land barge with half the hp/L but I still love this thing. The local rednecks and ricers have no idea how awesome this thing is.

20160403_141340(0).jpg
20160403_141351.jpg
20160403_141417.jpg

So after my grandpa got his new Ram 1500 (which was ordered as a V6 with 4WD but ended up as a Hemi 5.7) he finally let my brother and I clean out his old f150.

It is still dirty in these pictures, but it was MUCH worse. It has been used as a work truck and it only has 70,000 km on it (it looks like it has 270,000 honestly). However it can still be saved.

My grandpa is cheap so this is as basic as it gets. Manual, V6, RWD, Roll Up Windows, No A/C, and if he had is way there probably wouldn't have even been a radio in it so long as he could save a dime.

Basically it needs all new brakes, tires, an air filter (which has never been changed), oil change, coil pack and spark plugs (one cylinder isn't firing/misfiring apparently). It could definetly use either rust repair (which i dont want to do) or replacment of the rear quarter panel and tiny quarter doors.

Anyway, I haven't decided wether to call this the Precoboost (because it is a pre eco boost f150) or the IDGAF-150. Doesn't really matter either way, its only purpose right now is to serve as a way for me to learn manual transmission, which i am starting to get the hang of doing it around our property.

20160529_201150.jpg
20160529_201458.jpg

So this is now in my possession. Its an AE95G (G for wagon i think) Toyota Corolla. It is actually AWD and has a centre locking diff. It belonged to a friend of my dad who could no longer use it on the road so he decided to give it to us free of charge.

Unfortunatly the body and frame is toast and pretty much has no chance for passing saftey. But it is a manual and has a 4A-FE (More economical version of the 4A-GE) and rips through fields and gravel pits with ease. Im thinking maybe making it a rallycross car but its hard to find any close by.

Oh and the muffler fell off so it now sounds like a beast.

I'll see what happens, i wish there were some rally events close by but for some reason there are none. But yes I would definetly do it. :)

I have no idea how that can happen, we never took that wheel off at all. I know i was driving it pretty hard but i still dont think it should do that.

And now i need new wheels and a lug nut, and hopefully the studs are still ok.

Haven't posted in forever so heres some updates.

4Runner: Doing well but needs a fuel filler neck now because rust.

F150: No real plans for it, alot more needs done than anticipated and im not sure its worth it to go through with it.

AE95: Unfortunatley a fuel line is corroded and it pisses fuel on the ground when its running. We tried shoving it around but we think the metal pipe connecting the tank to the line is rotted too much. We want to fix it but not sure how.

And also i now joined the running car meme.

ad_1_1488941352989.jpg

This is my 1996 Miata i picked up a couple of months ago. Only a 102,000km, no rust at all. Only sad part is a number of dings due to kids playing hockey in the garage (all on passenger side) Im hoping in the future at some point i can get them repaired without having to bondo over them and repaint them as the paint is all original. As for mods none yet, I want to do a bunch of stuff to it but i also torn because i dont want to ruin the originality of the car.

Haven't updated this in ages, it deserves a proper update but for now it's just this
PhotoEditor_20181202_062920072.jpg
PhotoEditor_20181202_062753086.jpg

Guy decided it was a great day to run a stop sign. I tried to stop and swerve to avoid but he didn't look or even try to stop. He spun me 180 from where I was going snd somehow the air bags didn't deploy. Had I not turned at the last second it might have been a t-bone and alot worse.

Last edited:
Back