Turn 10's Car list... the best or not?

• Thread starter ChadSpeed
  • 5 comments
ChadSpeed
xBSxChadSpeed
Just read about the February DLC, and gotta say it looks really balanced. Cars form all over the world and a 95 Mustang, i know mustang lovers that have been begging for that since GT 2, when it had a 95 Cobra.

Just wondering if you guys love the car list as much as me, or if its to American for some. I just love the fact that you can have a GMC Syclone, and a 787B. It seems that Turn 10 has a well balanced car list instead of heavily biased to me, but I'm American and have been told its biased, so what do you think fellas?

I don't care where a car is from.. for all I care they give 10 new US cars, as long as they belong in the game for a reason :D I like the February pack because it's divers and has something for everyone, and frankly, T10 will never be able to satisfy everyone all the time!

I don't care where a car is from.. for all I care they give 10 new US cars, as long as they belong in the game for a reason :D I like the February pack because it's divers and has something for everyone, and frankly, T10 will never be able to satisfy everyone all the time!

I would be happy every time and would actually purchase DLC if they offered it up A La Carte. That way I would not have to buy every car, just the ones that interest me, but oh well. Turn 10 has to satisfy their season pass holders, and thats it I guess. This is meant to point out that the selection of cars looks way different for DLC purchasers than it does for the rest of us, so I find it lacking. Most of the cool stuff is held back for DLC. Like the only convertible/top down car at 275 is a DLC Alfa. I would only pay 99 cents for it, same as any other DLC car regardless of how cool it is.

They do just keep pulling out cars everyone wants, not just random tosh.

This months DLC for example, people are all looking forward to something in it, obviously the 787B and Quattro are getting a lot of love but the 155 is as well as even the Polo. But overall I can't think of many games with this good a car list, GT2 comes mighty close though.

Certainly, FM4 is chock full of historically important cars & models that exemplify the qualities/ideals of their manufacturers, and peppered with vehicles from the fringes of the weight/performance spectrum (eg. subcompacts, SUVs). Turn 10 has really figured out what cars matter most, and have done an admirable job of adding "less important" cars to keep things interesting.

Biases exist, but they're not very clear-cut. There's a lack of older/historical Japanese cars, not to mention american economy/commuter cars. Europe seems to get the best treatment, though it also represents several countries.

And where are the wagons?? :) Off the top of my head there's only one actual wagon in the game, and that's the Audi RS2; Turn 10 had to make 5-door hatchbacks eligible for the "Wagon" event series to justify its existence.

I think Forza 4 does have the best overall car list of any game. My only complaint is that they keep modeling the US-market versions of European cars, those silly orange reflectors hurt the appearance of cars such as the C63, M5 E60, etc.

Back