Turn off Low Fuel Warning?

• Thread starter Zenmervolt
  • 22 comments
United States
PNW
Zenmervolt
Anyone figure out a way to turn off the low fuel warning that pops up on the middle of the screen and obstructs your view of the race? Or at least move it from the center of the screen?

I can't be the only one who finds it incredibly intrusive and distracting to have that pop up when I'm in a race. It's especially bad on the Nurburgring where you can end up driving for miles with the bloody thing obscuring your view of the track and other drivers.

It appeared seemingly randomly along with the yellow flag update, I'm not a fan but it stops people running out of fuel when they've not got the fuel reading HUD item showing (which I imagine is why it's there, people crying they didn't know about fuel).

It's definitely a prime candidate for a menu toggle.

For most tracks i dont have an issue with it (usualy its only for like half a lap which is like a minute), but on nurburgring its useless to display it for the entire lap when you actualy only would need the information for the last minute. At most a blink of 3 seconds of the message each time 0.1lap worth of fuel is depleted would be enough. And maybe 20 seconds before you would normaly reach the finish line it would stay on screen when you are below 2 laps of fuel.

Entirely removing it sounds like a bad idea to me. Its only going to cause problems whenever someone didnt look at his fuel once. But it can definitely be improved.

God yes the message is annoying. An option to remove it would be welcome. I'm always watching the fuel MFD like a hawk anyway. Perhaps just make the HUD fuel gauge turn red or something.

Anywhere but the middle of the damn screen.
Sometimes it comes on saying I've got 1.1 laps left, and I consciously drive past the pits to start my last lap - yet it remains, even though it knows I have enough fuel for a full lap.

Is there any circumstance where enough fuel for the last lap could become less than enough? Say, a wreck, or a couple wrecks, or something else?

It seems "1.1 laps fuel remaining" is based on the assumption that everything will go smoothly for that lap. Maybe it won't.

Is there any circumstance where enough fuel for the last lap could become less than enough? Say, a wreck, or a couple wrecks, or something else?

It seems "1.1 laps fuel remaining" is based on the assumption that everything will go smoothly for that lap. Maybe it won't.
You're correct - maybe it won't.
However, I'm not going to preemptively pit and overfuel anticipating a wreck.

In most cases a wreck should actually make your fuel last slightly longer since you'd be slowing down to navigate it and deal with the resultant yellow flag zone.

I don't think it should be removed entirely, but it needs to at the very least be an optional menu toggle. Ideally the warning's screen location would be configurable in some manner to move it out of the very middle of your line of sight. A flashing read out in the lower left or right corner of the screen would be great as an option.

This is indeed annoying. We should be able to skip the message with a button like we can do it with the ghost during qualifying sessions too. Or in minimum the message should disappear after a while automatically.

The fuel info should be permenant on the HUD. If you're on a race with fuel depletion, you have to change constantly between the radar and the fuel map to see your range.

It could fit somewhere inside or bellows the speedo. Just the number of laps you have with your current fuel map. Than you could have the radar always (except if you wanted to change fuel map).

There is already a fuel gauge that goes into the red, what more do we need! Why should we suffer the warning text just because a few people are too stupid to check the fuel level.

There is already a fuel gauge that goes into the red, what more do we need! Why should we have to suffer the warning text just because a few people are too stupid to check the fuel level.

The fuel level is just a bar. Try run a 30m+ long race and see if you can figure out by the fuel gauge only if you have fuel for 9 laps or only 8,5.

The fuel level is just a bar. Try run a 30m+ long race and see if you can figure out by the fuel gauge only if you have fuel for 9 laps or only 8,5.
You have the MFD for more info if you need it. I 'm just whinging about the red warning text.

This red flashing low fuel warning sentence running across the screen has become my biggest complaint with this game! LOL Seriously it drives me absolutely CRAZY. I have to turn the entire HUD off just to get rid of it. I hate games that hold your hand with intrusive, overly descriptive HUDs and I cannot believe PD didn't give us an option to turn this STUPID warning message off. Drives me NUTS.. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yes and you have to turn off the radar to check that.

Well, I've never needed anything other than the gauge. Once I've pitted for fuel once I know how many laps of fuel the tank will hold and I know how many laps I put in, so its never been an issue. I've never really trusted MFD info as it all depends how I drive and over 8 laps, I may use more or less depending on traffic. Still, if its something that important, perhaps PD can replace that red flashy number in the speedo (gear indicator?) with laps of fuel instead.

I didn't realise anyone actually used the radar!
I wish I could turn the damn thing off so I don't have to scroll past it

The fuel info should be permenant on the HUD. If you're on a race with fuel depletion, you have to change constantly between the radar and the fuel map to see your range.

It could fit somewhere inside or bellows the speedo. Just the number of laps you have with your current fuel map. Than you could have the radar always (except if you wanted to change fuel map).

yeah and fuel map and radar should be next to each other and not have something (track map?) between like we have now.

This red flashing low fuel warning sentence running across the screen has become my biggest complaint with this game! LOL Seriously it drives me absolutely CRAZY. I have to turn the entire HUD off just to get rid of it. I hate games that hold your hand with intrusive, overly descriptive HUDs and I cannot believe PD didn't give us an option to turn this STUPID warning message off. Drives me NUTS.. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
You don't like it then :)

I actually think that PD should consider the introduction of radio communication alerting all these kind of events (for example low fuel, tyres deteriorated, lap times etc etc). This will work perfectly with a minimal HUD, providing vital information as is done in real races.
And will allow to eliminate all these annoying pop up messages.

Back