Turning cars into characters - how would you interpret certain models?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 3 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
For example, I had this idea of using certain three-digit numbers for a character's birthday, like September 19th (Porsche 919) or April 27th (Shelby Cobra 427). There could be some fun to be had with the "ethnicity" of cars, too, like how the De Tomaso Pantera is an Italian car with an American engine, from a company founded by an Argentinian.

I think a machine like a Porsche 911 could be made into an elegant lady who's maybe in her late 30s/early 40s, but looks much younger since she's aged so well. She could also be a member of a boxing club, alongside the character that'd represent a Subaru Impreza. Then, an unreliable car could be seen as someone who can't be counted on to show up to something. And maybe a car with a rotary engine could be interpreted as a slightly neurodivergent individual, while an Aston Martin could be a very refined gentleman who's a former sportsman, but is unfortunately is always living above his means and often getting into financial trouble. Mercedes-Benz could be a person of many talents, while also being the first character to be introduced, since the first car was created by Daimler. The Ford Mustang would definitely be a businesswoman, as I recall that it was originally designed for office secretaries. Ferrari would be a very attractive person overall, and even though they may have a bit of an ego, it's not entirely unearned, whereas both Lamborghini and McLaren would be a bit rebellious while also being friendlier.

Actually, for Mazdas in particular, there could be a guy who listens to Queen. Why? Because the most iconic member of Queen, Freddie Mercury, was a Zoroastrian. The equivalent to YHVH in that religion and the namesake of the automaker Mazda is one and the same, too: Ahura Mazda. He could casually mention reading "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Nietzsche, too, as Zarathustra is a major figure in Zoroastrianism.

Hummer would totally be a guy who's into airsoft or military role-play, but is a real softie deep down. He'd also always be drinking something that isn't water, like soda.

Come to think of it, maybe I should narrow this concept in scope, like limiting things to automakers from a certain country, rather than do things model-by-model. What do you think?

Back