Turning off the engine

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT'S BiG FaN
  • 4 comments
  • 1,172 views
Messages
924
Saudi Arabia
Engine Block
How can i turn off the engine?
I saw a vid on youtube , where's a guy with a DFGT turns off the engine but i cant find the vid anymore.
 
The only way I know of "turning off the engine" is by using a wheel that has a clutch and having the car in a gear idling without using the clutch to keep it running as the engine would naturally stall.
 
Yes I also would like to now that and how do I open the trunk? I left my lunch there and would like to do a picnic on the ring without spending gas....

PS: now seriously why would you want to do that :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Yes I also would like to now that and how do I open the trunk? I left my lunch there and would like to do a picnic on the ring without spending gas....

PS: now seriously why would you want to do that :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you drive an X2010 in the back of it, it'll fly open, as long as you're in a Premium rally car :P.

So any X2010 driver really would suit, most seem to hit you even when there's tons of room >_>
 
How can i turn off the engine?
I saw a vid on youtube , where's a guy with a DFGT turns off the engine but i cant find the vid anymore.

Try cruising down a long straightaway in top gear (5th or 6th depending on the car) then hit the E-Brake. If you hold it for long enough it sounds like the car stalls. At this point you can let go of the e-brake and downshift into any gear without it starting back up until you touch the gas.

This is probably what you saw on youtube. I always do this at the end of a race as I cross the finish line just out of habit. It's kind of neat to hear just the road noise as the car coasts after winning a race.
 
Back