Turtle Beach PX5

United Kingdom
South Wales
Hi all,

Since playing AC (1 week) I have been using Sennheiser HD202 headphones which do a decent enough job. I also own TB PX5 & paired them via Blue Tooth to the PC but to my surprise they do not have much volume to them... unlike what they can produce on FM4.

Do any of you own the same PX5's & are achieving the great sound that they are well known. If so, what can I do to improve mine?

Cheers.

I don't own a pair of Turtle Beach but I noticed the same difference of volume from the PC to Xbox One with my Astro's. If your TB's have a chat/volume mixer this might be your problem. When Im playing FM5 the volume is great, but when I switch to the PC I have to adjust the mixer on the side of my headphones to get the same volume....weird

If your using your motherboards soundcard you need to make sure it supports Dolby Live. Otherwise you can only get stereo output from the optical out. That might be why it seems lower.

Hi all,

Since playing AC (1 week) I have been using Sennheiser HD202 headphones which do a decent enough job. I also own TB PX5 & paired them via Blue Tooth to the PC but to my surprise they do not have much volume to them... unlike what they can produce on FM4.

Do any of you own the same PX5's & are achieving the great sound that they are well known. If so, what can I do to improve mine?

Cheers.
Are you referring to when you use chat via Bluetooth or the in game sound ?

I use a pair of PX3s direct to my PC, then setup with a DSS2 for my PS3 (via optical cable). I looked to the PX5 at first, but without rechargeable batteries that was kind of it for me.

I also dare not turn my PX3s to maximum, there would be blood from my ears to be sure. The PX5 have the same speakers too, have a look.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/headsets/ps3

All sorted now, simply a case of plugging both optical & usb into back of TV & now getting all the different sound pre-sets plus real good volume. This has take AC even further in immersion :)

If your using your motherboards soundcard you need to make sure it supports Dolby Live. Otherwise you can only get stereo output from the optical out. That might be why it seems lower.
Seconded. A surround decoder like an Astro mixamp will try to make a stereo signal sound surround-like, but only working with two channels of audio. Some may be deceived into thinking that they're getting 6 channels worth when only getting two.

Sound cards on motherboards are sometimes Dolby Digital Live capable, but locked. It's often possible to get a custom driver that unlocks the DDL.

Back