Turtle's Photos - Concours d'Elegance

• Thread starter Turtle
  • 19 comments
United States
Portland, Oregon
Right, I've been thinking of doing one of these for a while now, but I've kept worrying about not having a large enough backlog to make posts daily. Well, it's been a year since I posted a photo here on GTP, so I think I'll be fine for a while.

Because I'm kind of a contrarian, I'm going to kick this off with a bunch of older photos, and then moving forward I'll be alternating between newer work and the backlog. It also means you should hopefully see an improvement in composition, creativity, and post-processing as time goes on. If you want to view any of my earlier stuff, you can comb through this thread.

Don't expect every post to be automotive-related like this one, these are just the photos I've been sitting on longest. I won't be regularly uploading 20 photos at a time either, expect one or two a day.

All of these have been downsized for easier viewing, to view the full-size image, simply click on it.

All of these were shot on a Sony A7 with Canon FD 50mm F/1.4.

Thanks for viewing. 👍​

What a lovely style! Really clean despite having a lot of detail, really nice stuff.

Sony A7 | Voigtländer Nokton 40mm F/1.4 M.C.

28201232680_3c5c1e9d4b_c.jpg

The depth in this is amazing.

SVX
The depth in this is amazing.
Thank you! I've been struggling to find my own editing style, rather than imitating others* like we tend to do when we start out as artists, so words of encouragement are making me feel like I'm getting closer to where I want to be.

*And by "others" I definitely don't mean other, more talented members of this forum, absolutely not.

Sorry for hijacking your feed :scared: but I absolutely love this thread! Love every photo and every focus point.

I'm now interested in buying similar lenses to the ones you used.

Have to get a solid 50mm first and then we'll see.

Again, love this thread, subbed, and will be back :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Back