TV screen goes dim while playing with wheel

• Thread starter GroZab
  • 6 comments
France
France
Hello,

i don't know if this new problem appeared with the last game update or with the last XBox update, but it's really boring : when i play with my wheel, my TV turns dark as it puts the screensaver. It happens every 10 minutes.

I'm forced to push on a button on my pad to light my TV.

Have you the same problem ?

You should have you control plugged in to the xbone as well as your wheel , it should fix it

I'm forced to push on a button on my pad to light my TV.

Looks like he's tried that. Also if the console isn't acknowledging input from a wheel that is in use, I doubt a controller that isn't in use will change anything?

@GroZab pretty sure the screen dimming when no input is detected is a setting in the Xbox itself. Check its settings, you can probably disable it.

Looks like he's tried that. Also if the console isn't acknowledging input from a wheel that is in use, I doubt a controller that isn't in use will change anything?

@GroZab pretty sure the screen dimming when no input is detected is a setting in the Xbox itself. Check its settings, you can probably disable it.
I mean have it wired up to the console, mine dose the same if its not plugged in

Googled this, there doesn't seem to be any 100% satisfactory solution but apparently doing a hard reset (hold xbox button down for 10 seconds) or switching the console off and unplugging it for a while fixes it for a week or two at least. Another suggestion was to plug in headphones but not sure if this means you have to use them also...there might be audio output settings that can get around this.

OK, I've just tested my wheel with Project Cars, and it dimmed at 10 minutes, as in FM6.

It's not a game's issue but an XBOX's issue....

Back