• 6 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
In my quest to move my TV closer to my wheel so I can get a better FoV, & doing so on a very tight budget, I've found a totally awesome & reasonably priced solution; the LPA49463D. Most wall mounts don't offer enough extension, & the only ones I found that do tend to be incredibly expensive. However, the LPA49463D offers a maximum extension of 615mm (for only £31.95) which is enough to pull my TV out so that it comes right up to my FFB wheel (a Fanatec CSR mounted on my Playseat Evolution). There is also a slightly less expensive one called the LPA49443 which also has 615mm of extension.

There are some available on eBay right now: LPA49463D & LPA49443. The reviews on eBay & Amazon look very promising too, with both described as being heavy duty.

I've just ordered an LPA49463D, & will let you all know how I get on with it once it arrives & I set it all up.

Do you know of any other TV wall mounts that offer massive extension for little money?

Post them here...

👍

PS: Always make sure to measure the distance between the screw holes on the back of your TV to get the correct VESA spacing before buying a compatible wall mount.

Last edited:
Note to anyone considering a wall mount with significant reach - make sure your walls are up to the job and use the correct wall anchors/plugs. When a TV is mounted close to the wall there is very little force "pulling" the anchors from the wall - this changes entirely once you add an extended arm.

Good point. It's another reason why I like the LPA49463D, as it comes with 6 hefty screws for mounting to brick walls (W-A). I plan on using 4 at the top & two at the bottom.

lpa49463d-05.jpg

VBR
Good point. It's another reason why I like the LPA49463D, as it comes with 6 hefty screws for mounting to brick walls (W-A). I plan on using 4 at the top & two at the bottom.

lpa49463d-05.jpg
It's not about the screws - it's all about the plugs/anchors you use.

Personally, I would not use screws to mount a TV onto a long reach mount with a brick wall. I would use anchor bolts:

Example image:
F9086918-01.jpg

Last edited:
Hadn't thought about that. Perhaps I will have to buy some of them as well, as they look a lot more secure. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

👍

Hey.

I have been thinking about getting and extended wall mount for quite some time.

Only I am thinking about, if it was nesesary with a motor mount, with remote control ?

As I am using the Playseat Challenge. Not sure how to get into the chair if I pull the mount all the way close to the wheel.

Back