TVR Griffith 200 1964

Sick_Cylinder
These cars were sold in the UK as the TVR Griffith and in the USA as the TVR Griffith 200. In 4 cylinder form the car was known as the TVR Grantura. When fitted with the Ford 289 high performance V8 this tiny, lightweight car was very difficult to handle with an abundance of power and torque over grip, but in expert hands it was more than a match for the Cobra 289. It would be great to have this in the game and recreate some of those mid sixties SCCA battles around Willow Springs and Laguna Seca.

TVR Griffith 200 1965.jpg
tvr_griffith_200_4.jpg

The clip tells you more about this blisteringly fast and rare 1960's sports car.

I agree that this car should be in the game and if you watch this clip I'm sure you'll agree - it's like watching a knife through butter (apart from a light collision at the start) - the TVR Griffifth goes through a field of Cobras, lightweight E Types and Ferraris - brilliantly driven and although a long clip it's well worth a look.

Hi Dr P - great race video, however your video shows the 1964 Griffith 400 which superseded the 200 and featured the famous peace sign style lights from the mark 1 Ford Cortina. It would be great to have either of these fabulous cars in the game to race against the Cobras and other classics.

I strongly recommend all to watch Dr P's video - it shows the track capability of this remarkable car.

Check out this video of a very angry sounding TVR Griffith 200 - TURN UP THE VOLUME!

Last edited:
Great post Dr P - that was a very interesting read!

Just to prove the competition credentials of this great car check out this excerpt from a 1965 race programme and note the quality of the field:

Redex Trophy 1965.jpg

By coincidence I am recreating the race field from this race and the 1963 Guards International Trophy GT Race at Brands hatch - sadly without the Aston Martin DB4GT (vote for it below) or the TVR Griffith 200 and calling it "Cobra Ferrari Wars" - if anyone is interested in joining in just send me a message, we have a few spaces.

Vote for the Aston Martin DB4GT by clicking on the link below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/aston-martin-db4-gt-lightweight-1963.298554/

Latest Posts

Back