TVR Speed 12 Top Speed Issue...

CORRUPTEDDISC

(Banned)
United Kingdom
UK
CORRUPTED_DISC
Hi all, so I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it in the tuning forum search, and its been really bugging me.

The TVR Cerbera Speed 12. The Blackpool Beast. Yeah . . . the 1,134 bhp, 943 kg monster that should be the fastest car in the game. But it seems that no matter how I set mine up, they cannot exceed 267 mph (without nos or slipstream). If I set them to use 4 gears or even all 6, the power just seems to drop away dramatically over 240 mph.

Is it just me having this issue, or is it a similar story for others? Or is it just that PD has capped the cars ability to prevent it from being the fastest? I would really appreciate any help on this issue, because I'd love to use the Speed 12 more often on SSRX, but its lack of top speed is crippling...

I believe the issue is with the amount of downforce, and therefore drag, on the car. Whether or not that should so seriously limit the top speed however is down to the physics engine. In fairly extensive tries to get it into my 300 mph Club thread, I've not managed much faster than the speed you're hitting (without Nos).

It's not so much to do with downforce, I think all the race cars have had the "flat floor" fitted into their base code. This may also be the case with any car that has adjustable front downforce, of which the TVR is one such type.
During the early days of release I fitted the flat floor to the GTR black and struggled to hit 240mph. Took it off and the same tune immediately went 290mph.

It's not so much to do with downforce, I think all the race cars have had the "flat floor" fitted into their base code. This may also be the case with any car that has adjustable front downforce, of which the TVR is one such type.
During the early days of release I fitted the flat floor to the GTR black and struggled to hit 240mph. Took it off and the same tune immediately went 290mph.
There probably is a flat floor effect. It's likely a combination of the two that limits the top speed so heavily.

Given that the downforce hasn't been changed on this car from what it had in GT5, where it was a seriously good top speed runner, I'd associate it more with the flat floor effect than the aero, though there may also be an additional "barrier" to overcome. There is also a level of "chassis drag" added to some cars, most notably muscle cars and the Escudo, which will die at a certain speed regardless of aero or power. It could be that PD have added this variable into the mix too, though I doubt it.

Given that the downforce hasn't been changed on this car from what it had in GT5, where it was a seriously good top speed runner, I'd associate it more with the flat floor effect than the aero, though there may also be an additional "barrier" to overcome. There is also a level of "chassis drag" added to some cars, most notably muscle cars and the Escudo, which will die at a certain speed regardless of aero or power. It could be that PD have added this variable into the mix too, though I doubt it.
I wouldn't compare it with GT5. The top speeds on cars are vastly different to those from GT5 as well as how downforce effects the cars.

I think that PD may have fiddled with the drag that cars make as my ZZII that easily did 300+mph before could only do about 280ish now and I haven't changed a thing.

Thanks for the info guys. It's also an issue with the Saleen S7, which also has a flat floor. Mine does 289 without nos or draft, but should do more really...oh well.

Latest Posts

Back