TVR Speed 12

• Thread starter f_399
  • 21 comments
Wow... over 1,000 HP and weights a little over 1,000 lbs

Probably my quickest street car in a straight line thats not a veyron

On racing soft i can launch in 3rd and roast the tires till 120. It starts relatively slow but when it catches traction, its over

Anyone tune this yet?

I was waiting so long to find this, i had money saved up for an audi r10 and the like but this popped up in the used car lot and i had to get it.

tuned it and did all the motor and body restore, spent just under 1 million but glad i finally have it

It certainly shifts. Once you're rolling its actually slightly quicker than a Veyron from 80-230. I did a geeky test with the ghost car,lol.

I raced against a guy last night who had a seriously good setup on his speed 12. I couldn't believe how much grip it had. It was on the High Speed Ring which hasn't many tight turns but it certainly handled the power. On the straight you just have to move over and let it past,lol.

I'd love to see the setup he had...

I have been looking for this car since the day I got gt5 and have yet to see it in the used car lot. I cannot wait to get my hands on this gem.

I've got four car in my immediate todo list. RUF CTR2, Stingray Corvette, Speed 12, NSX S Zero in that order.

I almost finished the CTR2 (checking top speed atm and it's finished). I have to drive around 8 hours to tune a car but... I already told a guy that his stingray would be finished this afternoon :)

i just got it last night

gonna do some testing tonight, i will probably only use it mainly for online drag/top speed racing

Does anyone have a tune for this car that they want to share? I've purchased/tuned it, and while its great in a straight line, its garbage on the Nordschelief.

Bump - Speed 12 Tune Request

I am going to spend some time with the car this evening in hopes of getting more grip from the suspension. Though, it would be nice if someone suggested a tune i could use as a starting point.

Does anyone know if GT4 tunes are in any way relevant to GT5?

Heres a "prototype" tune from Vengence tuning.
Its by no means finished yet but this should point you in the right direction, Im still trying to iron out the understeer and collosal oversteer lol

Aero's set to full front and rear

transmission- Adjust to suit track

LSD:
Initial: 15
Accel: 30
Brake: 8

Suspension:
Ride height, Front: -25, Rear: -25
Spring, Front: 19.2, Rear: 17.2
Dampers ext, Front: 8, Rear: 7
Dampers Comp, Front: 6, Rear: 7

ARB, Front: 5, Rear: 4

Camber, Front: 2.2, Rear: 3.0

Toe, Front: Negitive 0.30, Rear: Positive 0.05 (Click to the right for positive, left for Negitive)

Brake balance: Front: 7 Rear: 5

Let me know how you get on and how you adjust it!

I spent some time with the Speed 12 last night. I started using a blend of MadMike's numbers above and a GT4 tune i dug up. It's a work in progress so i won't be posting the numbers yet.

Needless to say, this car is a BEAST. Dropping the clutch in 3rd gear from a standing start you smoke the tires all the way to 130mph (along with any competitors). The sound is amazing. Starting the Speed 12 in the garage with your speakers cranked is quite an experience. If you see this car in the used garage, do not hesitate to purchase it. For a standard car, the model detail is pretty high-end. With a little over 1000hp and racing soft tires, i turned a 6:18 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife (which is the track i am trying to optimize the car for). The lap was fairly solid (no wall collisions or anything), but i am sure with cleaner, more confident driving, the lap time could be 6:10 without changing my current settings.

That said, i am having trouble getting the car to turn well at higher speeds. I notice if i lay off the throttle she turns in quite a bit better. But under full acceleration, starting around 130mph, the car is not as responsive as it needs to be (which is less than ideal in a number of high speed sections at the Nordschleife). If i can resolve this issue, i see the car lapping the Ring in 6 minutes, which is amazing for a road-car.

Another update and the numbers this weekend.

Any insights are welcome.

Last edited:
TVR
Cerbera Speed 12

Fully tuned to
:
1027 - Horsepower
856 - Ft-Lb of torque
1020 - Kg

This car was tuned for the Nurburgring Nordschleife, and despite considerable effort is still a beast to keep on the road. I drive using a Logitech G27 and am only beginning to tame the massive rear wheel torque. 1st and 2nd gears are basically useless; the car only really begins to hold traction in 3rd gear.

If you can keep it on the road the blistering speed will best most any road car. Front end responsiveness is still not quite where i want it to be; however, letting off the accelerator in corners helps turning significantly. I figure the massive forward thrust is pushing the car so much that the front end simply isn't as planted as it needs to be at higher speeds (despite front aero being maxed).

As far as drag racing goes, this car is also a winner. Dropping the clutch in 3rd gear burns the tires all the way to 120mph at which point you will be ahead of anything but a Veyron or highly tuned GT-R. Above 120 the Speed 12 pulls away from everything (race cars included).

I am by no means an expert tuner. This is simply a setup that works at the moment. I really love this car and plan to spend a lot more time trying to perfect the setup. Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

THE TUNE
AERO
Front: 30
Rear: 69

TRANSMISSION
Top Speed: 267 Mph

LSD
Initial: 25
Accel: 35
Brake: 20

SUSPENSION
Ride Height: -28 Front, -26 Rear
Spring Rate: 16 Front, 13.5 Rear
Dampers (ext): 7 Front, 8 Rear
Dampers (comp): 7 Front, 8 Rear
Anti Roll: 6 Front, 5 Rear
Camber: 2.7 Front, 1.1 Rear
Toe: 0.11 Front, -0.02 Rear

BRAKES
Front: 7
Rear: 5

Last thought: be mindful of your speed, the brakes are key to driving this car well. When i first got the Speed 12 i though the responsiveness was horrible; until i realized i was entering corners 50mph faster than any of my other super cars.

Last edited:
I posted my tune at the GT5 Tuning Wiki here:
http://www.gt5-tuning.com/index.php?title=TVR_Cerbera_Speed_12_'00

I went all-out on the parts! Let me know what you think :)

Tuner: GTP_1251Division

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 1027 BHP
Torque: 856 ft-lb
Weight: 1020 kg

PARTS
GT Auto:
Oil Change
Aero, Wing Type B
Engine Overhaul
Chassis Maintenance

Tuning Shop:
Engine Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tires

Settings:
Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 35/76

Transmission:
Top Speed Setting: 236 MPH

Drivetrain:
Differential
Initial: x/5
Accel: x/10
Braking: x/8

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 18.0/11.8
Extension: 8/5
Compression: 7/3
Anti-Roll: 1/5
Camber: 2.0/1.5
Toe: -0.25/-0.20

Brakes:
Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6/8

ABS: 1

Tuner Comments:

Tuned on High Speed Ring (0:58 sec) & Suzuka (1:58). This car is fast! Pick it up if you see it in the Used Car Dealer. I softened-up the rear to help it corner a little better, and to break it's tendency to understeer when accelerating out of a turn.

Last edited:
After a few laps on High Speed Ring using 1251's tune, I managed a 1.00.931 on my 3rd lap. I'm pretty sure after a few more laps and getting a better feel for it, I could get it to a .59, but I'm pretty happy with it. Now, it needs some Hoosiers for drag racing!

BlueShift has the best TVR tune I've seen and actually knows whats up with susp tuning.

His is pretty much exactly what mine is but a bit different, and I run 57-58 at HSR and 6:55~ at nurb, 1:05 at TGTT and 55's at Tsukuba

why doesn't anybody ever fail to mention if they are using STEERING WHEEL and if they are is modifying the game in anyway directly from the wheel like my fanatec wheel. please share if its a wheel or not.

I had a friend from Sweden on GT5 who gave me a tuned TVR Speed 12 only probably was I couldn't get the other two TVR speed 12s I had the same so I had one supercharger the other turbo charged and the other one NA.

Back