TVR Speed Six - Suzuka 550PP

• Thread starter Seismica
  • 4 comments

Seismica

Premium
United Kingdom
Guisborough
GTP_Seismica
This is my quick attempt at a tune for the TVR Speed Six for the online RWD 550PP Suzuka race.

Power: -21
Weight: 115
Tires: S3 S3
Aero: n/a

Ride Height: -22 -18
Spring Rate: 5 7
Damper: 6 7
Toe: -0.04 +0.08
Camber: 1.6 1.4
Brakes: 5 6

Max turning: 40
TCS: off
ABS: 1

1st: 2.835
2nd: 1.851
3rd: 1.377
4th: 1.034
5th: 0.880
Final: 3.671

Tuned with a Sixaxis with a relatively mediocre driver at the wheel, i can hit 2:22 but i can't get much more out of it, having said that i can only get 2:22 out of an RX7, so its my driving thats the shortfall here :guilty:. It is very easy to drive too, but i think thats down to the low PP limit rather than the setup. I have trouble around here in my Lotus Evora and this is so much easier to drive.

It is one of first tunes and i need some feedback please :)

EDIT: I just have to add, while i have done a few races in this and i can keep very consistent, the Clios and the Elises are still around 2 seconds a lap faster, maybe faster or slower depending on the driver, so its not a very competitive car... lol

Last edited:
What kind of driving style do you have? This setup for me at least made the car handle worse. I only saved .7xx off my time on the two long left turns before the finish line.

What kind of driving style do you have? This setup for me at least made the car handle worse. I only saved .7xx off my time on the two long left turns before the finish line.

:dunce: It might be the turning angle, try it higher, maybe 45 or 50 if you're a wheel user (i put mine up to 45 shortly after posting this and meant to edit but forgot). I need a little feedback on what i did wrong :indiff:

:dunce: It might be the turning angle, try it higher, maybe 45 or 50 if you're a wheel user (i put mine up to 45 shortly after posting this and meant to edit but forgot). I need a little feedback on what i did wrong :indiff:

The turn in was very stable but the car went tail happy after the apex.

1. Brake hard for turn in. Very stable.
2. Could not use any throttle until after the apex because of excessive stability
3. rear comes out slowly after apex and cant let off or the car will bog.
4. counter-steering seemed like a hit or miss. I can recover with one wheel in the grass but i would lose time. With both tires on the track, the car would gain traction and dart towards the grass/sand pit on exit of corners.

The turn in was very stable but the car went tail happy after the apex.

1. Brake hard for turn in. Very stable.
2. Could not use any throttle until after the apex because of excessive stability
3. rear comes out slowly after apex and cant let off or the car will bog.
4. counter-steering seemed like a hit or miss. I can recover with one wheel in the grass but i would lose time. With both tires on the track, the car would gain traction and dart towards the grass/sand pit on exit of corners.

I get the picture, i need to go back to the drawing board :lol:

Remember, it is a TVR, back end out under throttle after the apex is what they do, and i like my stability so i guess thats what i did, made it a little more stable.

I need to re-do the gears, and then re-do the suspension when i get my G25. Until then i'll leave tuning to the pros :P

Back