TVV0_ Bringing SNAIL to YouTube

• Thread starter TVV0_
  • 27 comments
Figured i would share that i will be uploading my races to youtube. TVV0_Racing is the channel so far round 1 and 2 for D5 are up chase pov of me any and all constructive criticism thought ideas about the channel are welcome. Im completely new at this and want my content to be enjoyable thanks
Edit your post and put your YouTube link in it. Or just do another post with your link in it.

Figured i would share that i will be uploading my races to youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/jrowley2d is the channel so far round 1 and 2 for D5 are up chase pov of me any and all constructive criticism thought ideas about the channel are welcome. Im completely new at this and want my content to be enjoyable thanks
Don't use chase cam. Bumper or broadcast version that shows everyone would be good.

Don't use chase cam. Bumper or broadcast version that shows everyone would be good.

It's his video. If he wants to show it in chase cam then that's his decision. It's everyone else's decision to watch it or not. If you want to make suggestions, make suggestions instead of commands.

He asked for suggestions and I gave one. I said Bumper or broadcast would be good. Sorry I didn't write "Shouldn't use chase cam."... You guys love to beat me up over semantics. :cheers:

He asked for suggestions and I gave one. I said Bumper or broadcast would be good. Sorry I didn't write "Shouldn't use chase cam."... You guys love to beat me up over semantics. :cheers:

Proofreading is your friend and tone doesn't travel over the internet. What does travel through the internet is your reputation. These are all things you have been informed of in the past.

You are fine thats what im looking dfor or I was thinking of caoturing live so the time splits and all info is there. I didnt want to focus on others cars but if the D5 giys are ok with it i can do that too

Live would limit you to camera options. You can do things like have chase cam at the start to see more cars all around and then go to your usual view when the race settles in.

Alternatively, you can save a replay, watch it back while doing whatever you want (changing cars, cameras, whatever) and record that as a "gameplay video" to the PS4 to then upload to YouTube. Races are about 12 minutes and you can set it to record the last 15 minutes. Then in the upload process you can cut off bits to get it to start and end exactly where you'd like.

Live would limit you to camera options. You can do things like have chase cam at the start to see more cars all around and then go to your usual view when the race settles in.

Alternatively, you can save a replay, watch it back while doing whatever you want (changing cars, cameras, whatever) and record that as a "gameplay video" to the PS4 to then upload to YouTube. Races are about 12 minutes and you can set it to record the last 15 minutes. Then in the upload process you can cut off bits to get it to start and end exactly where you'd like.
This is what i did for these vids saved gameplay video i actually race bumper cam

When watching replays I actually prefer to see it from a different view than what I drive in. Specifically to see if there is anything I can learn about my lines, or in relation to cars around me. Because of watching replays I actually switched from driving in bumper cam to driving with hood cam. When driving in bumper cam I was paying too much attention to the rear-view than focusing on my marks and what is in front of me to achieve the goal in mind.

I need the mirror also have radar on too. They can be very useful tools fighting for position.

I use the radar, and maybe once I'm more comfortable on track around other cars I will change views again. Previously though I was so worried about what was behind me I was screwing up what was in front of me.

Previously though I was so worried about what was behind me I was screwing up what was in front of me.
I've been there too. Especially when I think I'm in a division too high up for my abilities. I use bumper cam with the radar thing on. That plus the little red circles that show up are effective enough. It's nice having the constant gap to the person behind. I only check my rearview if they come within 1.5 seconds. Then I start to pay attention a bit more to their lines (i.e. - if they're planning an attack)

Hi! TVVO_ I have raced with you and figured I would check out your videos and I really dig them! I have uploaded a few myself and sometimes to get a cool look I will recorde my replays a few times, each in a different veiw and edit each one into a single video.

When it comes to recording I make sure I have atleast the times displayed because that's what I use to sync the 'different veiw' videos together. Usually I just record one shot following the car, another inside the car, and maybe another that's actually looking back at the car. Editing the videos together does take a lot of time and a lot of getting used to but with patientce it can usually pay off with satisfaction.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much since but I'll post a link to my video here:

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the tips @Mindful at the moment i dont have a computer to really edit hopefully in the future if the channel grows.

I cant race on Sunday nights, i have pool league. Would it be possible to race ovals on Saturdays with you guys???

I cant race on Sunday nights, i have pool league. Would it be possible to race ovals on Saturdays with you guys???
You may have to go to the main SNAIL postings for the proper procedure to join that league. That is one i am not a part of at the moment.

The last version of the oval series died when the user generated tracks were found to be unusable due to lag. I haven't had the time to get anything off the ground for GTS. The old thread has been moved to the SNAIL archives and the series may or may not make a return at some point in the future.

The last version of the oval series died when the user generated tracks were found to be unusable due to lag. I haven't had the time to get anything off the ground for GTS. The old thread has been moved to the SNAIL archives and the series may or may not make a return at some point in the future.

OK, thanks for the info

Little update i have been streaming live and am up to division 3 with over 50+ videos in my collection
I would just like to take the time to Thank you very much for streaming and adding videos to Youtube. My elderly father who can't get out of the house much at all, spends a lot of time watching these streams on Sundays and really enjoys them.(although it took some time to explain to him how the process takes place, Lol) He is totally blown away with the fact that technology allows us to race and chat together live......In fact at first he didn't believe it. Anyway Thanks.

Thats great to hear im glad he is able to enjoy the streams. I plan on continuing them as long as im competing in snail. With the batlles you and i have had he is able to see you in then often too! Lol

Thats great to hear im glad he is able to enjoy the streams. I plan on continuing them as long as im competing in snail. With the batlles you and i have had he is able to see you in then often too! Lol
Yes I know its awesome

Hi! TVVO_ I have raced with you and figured I would check out your videos and I really dig them! I have uploaded a few myself and sometimes to get a cool look I will recorde my replays a few times, each in a different veiw and edit each one into a single video.

When it comes to recording I make sure I have atleast the times displayed because that's what I use to sync the 'different veiw' videos together. Usually I just record one shot following the car, another inside the car, and maybe another that's actually looking back at the car. Editing the videos together does take a lot of time and a lot of getting used to but with patientce it can usually pay off with satisfaction.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much since but I'll post a link to my video here:

I hope this helps!

What software do you use to trim and paste the diferente videos unto one?

Back