Twin Drifting

• Thread starter KSL
  • 19 comments

KSL

So I jumped on a japanese server yesterday...
Despite the popular belief of "Japanese blood = ZoMG! Gods of dorifuto!!" 70% of them were absolute crap, I've seen americans drift better. My point is you don't have to be a Japanese to be good.
Only a handful of them were actually great. Skilled enough to drift side-by-side consecutively with very little gap between the cars. I'm looking forward to you guys doing the same!
inb4 Hardcore japan defense force

Any advices, questions and etc.
Twin/Tandem Drift General.

Last edited:
Im currently making a tandem film with a friend.
I got editing to do.
Here's a sneak peak. :P
Thats me in the 350z.
5223202097_22827976aa.jpg

I got editing to do.
Thats me in the 350z.

Nice, I actually went into a random room last night and saw BadEtiquette. We drifted for a couple of hours together, it was awesome. He had that 350Z as well.

EDIT: realized it was you BadEtiquette who posted that comment before mine. -_-

I would expect the Japanese to be pretty much on the same
level as the rest of the world. Its only a game, not real drifting. If it was based on real
drifting Id guess that they would have better "drifters per capita" considering thats where it all started, and its more well-known. Anyways, Im looking forward to some tandems in the future.

It would be awesome if you could save your split-screen replays...

Now there's really no use to even try it with my friend... :(

I would expect the Japanese to be pretty much on the same
level as the rest of the world. Its only a game, not real drifting. If it was based on real
drifting Id guess that they would have better "drifters per capita" considering thats where it all started, and its more well-known. Anyways, Im looking forward to some tandems in the future.

if you are playing with a 900* wheel, simulation and all driving aids off it is based on real drifting/driving. All the feel, weight shifting and techniques used are exactly the same in real life. only difference is you have to feel all the weight through the wheel, instead of your whole body. Gran Turismo "The REAL Driving Simulator". it is just a game, but if you take away what you learn from the game and apply it to a real car, you would be surprised at how well you can do as a beginner.

Indeed, and vice versa btw, what you learn in a real bmw you can apply in this "game"...

I love it, and if you're sick and the snow is like half a meter, drifting outside is a pretty much a no-go... So all hail GT5 for being there when times are rough! :D:tup:

I got editing to do.
Thats me in the 350z.

Hey man, how do you take those pictures outside your car like that? I am planning to make a montage too with my friends and need more than just cockpit views and solo stuff.

Thanks in advance,
TeamLotus_Excel

Hey man, how do you take those pictures outside your car like that? I am planning to make a montage too with my friends and need more than just cockpit views and solo stuff.

Thanks in advance,
TeamLotus_Excel

Set up an online race, for however many laps, complete the race then click rankings, save replay. Go to your replay theatre and go into photo mode during the replay. ENJOY

He must have the reaction time of a Ninja not to plow into the back of him!

Also, check this out for some tandem drifting. I've watched it about 5 times already today, lol.

Back