Well, the LS2 is 0.100 overbore comapred to the LS1, and factory engines can normally safely take a 0.030 overbore. So I was thinking the walls might be getting a bit thin?
Of course, Chevy must have aready done plenty of durability testing, but with boost added in the equation little imperfections can yield catastrophic results.
It's boring to look at, but then again, all GTOs are. Considering the price Lingenfelter kits usually go for, I'd want more than 510whp... something like this, in fact.
It's boring to look at, but then again, all GTOs are. Considering the price Lingenfelter kits usually go for, I'd want more than 510whp... something like this, in fact.
Why stop at an LS2? Why not drop in a LS7 with the twin turbos and have some real fun....
skip0110
Well, the LS2 is 0.100 overbore comapred to the LS1, and factory engines can normally safely take a 0.030 overbore. So I was thinking the walls might be getting a bit thin?
Its not a simple overbore of the LS1 casting though. The LS2 was cast with cylenders for its larger bore so not only would it be just as strong as the LS1 but it could probably be safely bored to 0.030 over as well...
They are using 2 sc61 turbos good for about 680hp each of which I will never see the full potential of, I'm going to tune for 600-700 rwhp. Which after a ton of research seems be close to the limit of the stock bottom end. I'm also doing heads, BMR stuff, etc.