Twisted Metal Black might be pulled off Australian Shelves

• Thread starter Concept
  • 6 comments

Concept

(Banned)
The charitsable organization SANE Australia has criticized Twisted Metal Black for it's "unacceptable" depictions of mentally ill characters, whom Twisted Metal Black describes as a "twisted bunch of freaks...outcasts of society, fruitcakes, loonies, nutcases." SANE has made a public plea for Sony to retract it from store shelves. The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) voiced similar protests.

Do you agree that this should be done?

Hey, the country's okay - we just seem to have some overly precious PC people.

This report's a couple of weeks old - nothing has or will happened.

Originally posted by vat_man
Hey, the country's okay - we just seem to have some overly precious PC people.

This report's a couple of weeks old - nothing has or will happened.

Man you Australians are unlucky with games what with GTA 3 being banned aswell.

Originally posted by Brian P

Man you Australians are unlucky with games what with GTA 3 being banned aswell.

No - it hasn't been banned!

It's just after the GTA3 thing the press are hot on this stuff. This community organisation took the opportunity to get some publicity and denounce the game.

The game has been rated MA15+ and is available to buy.

As mentioned in other threads the issue with GTA3 was that the game was too 'strong' for an M rating (which I'm inclined to agree with), and since we don't have an R rating for video games (which I do have a problem with) GTA3 was 'unclassified' and therefore illegal to sell.

Originally posted by vat_man

No - it hasn't been banned!

It's just after the GTA3 thing the press are hot on this stuff. This community organisation took the opportunity to get some publicity and denounce the game.

The game has been rated MA15+ and is available to buy.

As mentioned in other threads the issue with GTA3 was that the game was too 'strong' for an M rating (which I'm inclined to agree with), and since we don't have an R rating for video games (which I do have a problem with) GTA3 was 'unclassified' and therefore illegal to sell.

Interesting. I like the ESRB we have here in the states. With the "M" rating (Mature), you have to be 17 to even buy the game. Most places are checking IDs now. Good idea, in my opinion.

Back