Two 'French blue' paints?

Messages
257
Messages
killerjaaaaack
Awhile ago I painted a Lambo french blue, a light blue that is pretty bright.

Last week I looked at my paint chips and saw another French blue chip, but it looked darker. I went to paint the wheels, and sure enough they were NOT the same color. More like a royal blue with the new chip. What gives?
 
Many colors with the exact name are not exactly the same color.

Lotus Elan S1 '62, Mistubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR '01, and Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 all can come with French Blue paint chips, and I'm betting they are a little different.
 
Ah, thanks. I will have to take look at those cars.
 
The only way to know for sure that your French Blue for your rims is the same as the car is to write down the Make of the paint (as in Lotus / Triumph) or wait until you have a stack of 2 or more. And even then, just to be on the safe side, write it down.

Havind 2 chips of 1 black and 9 different other chips that are also named black from different makes will make it quite hard to find the right one after using on of the 2..

Good luck!
 
The dark French Blue definitely came from the Evo 7. The Lotus and Triumph French Blue paints are very close, if not exactly the same.
 
Back