Two VERY random minor issues :)

• Thread starter Muj
  • 5 comments

Muj

United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
First off, apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere before.

I’m shall get straight into it.

Issue 1: During Qualifying Time Trial for the Daily Races, incurring a penalty at sector 1 invalidates the current lap and THE LAP AFTER.

Why? I didn’t gain any advantage for the following lap by running wide at turn 2 on the current lap. Just let me serve it immediately at the closest slowdown zone or invalidate my current lap and let me proceed normally during the following lap.

I would press ‘Retry’ but when Im qualifying I also want to measure my consistency and ‘Retry’ wipes out all laps besides the fastest.

Issue 2: This is a silly one really, I adore the replay soundtrack and I wish we can have them in the menus rather than the overly calm music that makes me want to shut off my PS4 and go into hibernation. I hope we can one day adjust the entire playlist like most EA games.

Agree that issue 1 is annoying. This changed when they introduced the specific slow down places during the lap, instead of letting you pick where to take your penalty. I usually retry, but it seems a bit unnecessary. For qualifying, the old way was better.

Muj
First off, apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere before.

I’m shall get straight into it.

Issue 1: During Qualifying Time Trial for the Daily Races, incurring a penalty at sector 1 invalidates the current lap and THE LAP AFTER.

Why? I didn’t gain any advantage for the following lap by running wide at turn 2 on the current lap. Just let me serve it immediately at the closest slowdown zone or invalidate my current lap and let me proceed normally during the following lap.

Under some circumstances e.g Le Sarthe *IF* you cut the last chicane you would have a speed advantage onto the start finish straight and gain a better lap time next lap *SO* to stop this from happening here or anywhere else your lap time does not count for the following lap. Also there would be no time/room to serve out any penalty before the start of the next lap.

I thought this was a good idea knowing how many people scam the system ;-) Did anyone mention Goodwood? ;-)

Under some circumstances e.g Le Sarthe *IF* you cut the last chicane you would have a speed advantage onto the start finish straight and gain a better lap time next lap *SO* to stop this from happening here or anywhere else your lap time does not count for the following lap. Also there would be no time/room to serve out any penalty before the start of the next lap.

I thought this was a good idea knowing how many people scam the system ;-) Did anyone mention Goodwood? ;-)

He's talking about sector 1 penalties, not last corner.

Muj
The real kick in the plums is that you're always guaranteed to be on an absolute flyer and making great time on the lap after, until you hit the penalty zone :)

Back