Gran Turismo: Simulation Mode

• Thread starter Satomiblood
  • 1,810 comments
If any of you have voted for the Group C endurance race's track, please indicate your preferred dates and times for the event. This will be a closed event, so we'll need to reach a consensus on a date and time that'll allow for the most participation, otherwise this idea may be shelved altogether.

Last edited:
same bat time, same bat channel.....im good with normal time and date.

I think it's a little too short notice to hold it this Saturday. It might even be too soon to hold it next week. I don't know. I might just have the poll close on Friday and then start a new one for dates and times. This Saturday might just be an off-week or, depending on availability, maybe I'll plug in one of the sprint events.

just once this season, if anyone else is interested, I would like to see a regular format with these group C cars, or even VGT cars. So chaotic/fun!:D

just once this season, if anyone else is interested, I would like to see a regular format with these group C cars, or even VGT cars. So chaotic/fun!:D

A regular Group C event could be arranged. Remember, I originally put a poll out for the designated track because it seemed like there was more interest in an endurance event. Now, I'm not so sure.

A regular Group C event could be arranged. Remember, I originally put a poll out for the designated track because it seemed like there was more interest in an endurance event. Now, I'm not so sure.

@Satomiblood, you have got great lobby ideas, the variety is what makes this a good series! keep it up, if you put this lobby on hold, fine with me. You got a lot of good ones. Thanks for putting this together, I wake up early on Saturdays just to be part of it!

@Satomiblood, you have got great lobby ideas, the variety is what makes this a good series! keep it up, if you put this lobby on hold, fine with me. You got a lot of good ones. Thanks for putting this together, I wake up early on Saturdays just to be part of it!

I appreciate the sentiment.

If it's Friday/Saturday, any hour is fine. If it's any other date, the race must finish before midnight Central European Time.

This Saturday will be an off-week for the thread. If not enough feedback regarding the schedule for the Group C event is generated by Monday, I’ll unveil an alternate event for Saturday, 11/16.

I guess I'll take the additional time-off to practice my Gr.3 laptimes around Spa. Screwed up my best lap twice in the final chicane twice. Could've gotten nearly a second off... 🤬

Otherwise I might have a random practice lobby for fun races...

The Group C event has been temporarily shelved due to a lack of feedback on scheduling. The details for this Saturday's event, titled Mazda Spirit, can be found in the master post. The usual participants will be tagged throughout the week to gauge interest.

This new event looks a bit silly, why would anyone not use the MX-5 racecar? Maybe with N300 BoP more cars would be somewhat usable...

This new event looks a bit silly, why would anyone not use the MX-5 racecar? Maybe with N300 BoP more cars would be somewhat usable...
Basically because this is for enjoyment, I don't think one person that races in here, cares about winning? There is a max HP of 275 across the board, that should keep it fair.

Basically because this is for enjoyment, I don't think one person that races in here, cares about winning? There is a max HP of 275 across the board, that should keep it fair.

There's also a weight limit, so the Mazda TC will have to increase its weight by over 2,000 lbs. to be eligible. I don't think that'll stop anyone from wanting to use it, though. It'll still have a weight advantage. I imagine that the Mazda RX500 will also be used over the others. But @Drummer79 pretty much nails the purpose of the group. It's a casual lobby that homages GT's career mode events. I'll probably be rolling with the RX-7s since those are my favorite Mazda cars.

I know the BoP calculations aren't exactly perfect but it's baffling how event organizers seem to hate it so much. Wanna make it fun? Wanna make it so anything goes and cars can be both different and equal? Use the freaking tools available.

I know the BoP calculations aren't exactly perfect but it's baffling how event organizers seem to hate it so much. Wanna make it fun? Wanna make it so anything goes and cars can be both different and equal? Use the freaking tools available.

I've actually used BOP in past events. I haven't used it for a while, but it's not because I hate it. I wanted to try something else.

Put me down as tentative for now, I should be able to make it but I can make any promises just yet. I love Mazda’s though so I hope I can make it! :D

I've actually used BOP in past events. I haven't used it for a while, but it's not because I hate it. I wanted to try something else.
I'm gonna try to be there if my schedule fits but, yeah, it'd be better if everyone had a chance no matter their options. BoP+NoTuning improves fun events more than official competitions.

Put me down as tentative for now, I should be able to make it but I can make any promises just yet. I love Mazda’s though so I hope I can make it! :D

I'm gonna try to be there if my schedule fits but, yeah, it'd be better if everyone had a chance no matter their options. BoP+NoTuning improves fun events more than official competitions.

I have you all down. Those of you that are on the fence or aren't 100% certain on schedules have been marked as tentative.

There's been an adjustment to the weight minimum. It'll now be 2,205 lbs., which translates to 1,000 Kgs. I'll also need to update the times/conditions for each race. I should have something posted sometime tonight.

Back