Types of tires and their characteristics

Spain
Spain
Hello, I have checked that there are many types of tires (BBS, OZ) and depending on the tire the car behaves differently. I've seen that there are super light rims, light tires, racing tires...I'm talking about the tire brands that can be changed within the GT Auto. Can someone help me or put a link where all the types of wheels are explained. Sorry for my English, thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyres are categorized by their segment
Comfort
Sport
Racing
Each of them has 3 compounds for different traction/lifetime tradeoffs, the Racing segment also includes Intermediate and Wet tyres for when the track is seeing rainy weather of different levels.
Racing tyres of course provide the best traction, but they cant be used as soon as the track is in the middle section of the "moisturemeter", where sport tyres will still be almost as good as on dry.
Comfort are simply in the game to give an even lower level of traction and a different feel of driving.

Wheels in GT AUTO have some kind of impact on driving, but this is a very complex thing as the PP change doesnt reflect the same across all cars.
Generally
wide wheel will provide more tyrelife and traction (more rubber having contact with the tarmac at the same time).
wide offset will increase handling (better physics to accompany the rubber).
and wheelsize can change weight and the hardiness of the sideband of the rubber, which also potentially can increase handling (because the tyre doesnt deform as much).
But those 2 last points are so minor that I couldnt even tell if they are implemented and I simply look for the PP that I want to achieve.

The tire “brands” in GT auto are simply just decals. All tires of the same compound are the exact same, regardless of tire brand sticker applied.

Also if you can't get a car to drive the way you want it to, the last thing you can do is increase body rigidity and then retune your car.., sounds like it won't do much, but it does everything it should.

Back