Tyre and Wheel size control

side_winder_9
Hey Mr Yamauchi,

With the Gran Turismo series starting to put more importance the realism of tyres,

Would it be possible to give the player the choice to experiment with different tyre sizes and profiles? It would be a great learning experience to see the performance differences between say, a 195/50/15 profile tyre and a 215/45/15 etc on a specific car.

Also, with the possibility of tyre choices, would it also be possible in future releases to play around with wheel width and offset?

Thanks!

Currently you can pick standard size, +1 inch or +2 inches in the custom wheels section, in which is a start. This doesn't actually tell you what size these wheels are, let alone widths and tyre heights as you say.

Count me too.
This is very sad to see car, that just asking to put wide wheels on the back axis.
94739d144c.jpg

Yeah, thats the worst part. Its one thing to enjoy a stock car, but when you start playing around with aftermarket wheels and end up with 16x5 inch wheel or whatever that is, on slicks, it just looks silly and an embarrassment to what is an amazing racing simulator in almost every other regard.

Racing, ultimately depends on how good your tyres are, nothing else is in contact with the road, so I really hope PD take this issue about tyre size control into more consideration.

This is already possible in the game, via "illicit" means. I have no idea if the physics takes it into account correctly, but the old custom-wheels tyre-width bug might suggest it is at least a factor, in some way at least.

Currently, naughty boys and girls can adjust wheel diameter, rim width and the equivalent tyre dimensions (independently...), as well as choosing any custom wheel. I'm not sure if the wheel offset behaves correctly, or is actually available to play with directly (as in, it's not just a side-effect of other asjustments).

My thought is that this is an intended feature, but there are a lot of limits to get a handle on, per car. Think about how each car gets different limits for the custom wing implementation, for instance.

I've wanted lower profile/wider tires for ages... it's one of the first modifications people make for track cars, especially ones like pictured above.

Offset is also a thing we need desperately, these aren't just random wishes, they're important parts of tuning and aesthetics. Just look at how ugly those wheels look on the hakosuka... 5 miles inside the arches and as wide as a toothpick... :(

Back