Tyre management regarding an upcoming Endurance Race in GR.1 - Help!

Portugal
Lisbon
Oinsert_coinO
Hello community 🤙

So I'm having an endurance race in a couple of days that consists in 30 laps around Le Mans in GR.1 category using the Porsche 919 Hybrid and we are obligated to change between the three compounds (RH,RM,RS) during the course of the race at least 1 time. The whether will be dry with no wetness at all throughout. The day/night cycle will be at 15x starting at the end of the afternoon,going through all the night and finishing at dawn.

And so regarding all of this above my question for you is what tyre strategy should i use for the race? I'm good at driving but i really suck at strategy and managing fuel and tyre wear 😅😅😅.
One other thing i can tell is that full throttle and going as fast as i can through corners the lap times between all three compounds is 2, 2.5 seconds max.

Any advice from this great community would be appreciated 👍😁🤙💪

I'm not expert, and it's difficult without knowing at what rate the fuel and tyre degradation is going to be set for the race.

So assuming that you're doing more than 2 stops - I'd do the extra stints in whichever tyre lasts about as long as the fuel does. Do want to do as few pitstops as possible.

If it will only be two stops (one stint per compound) then I'd vary it based on skill. If you think you'll be near the front fighting for the lead, start on Soft and move down the compounds. So you have the most grip whilst the track is crowded. If you're nearer the back and better without close racing. Start with Hard and move the other way.

Other people might say the opposite, as it's too crowded to use all the grip at the start anyway. But that's how I would go.

But as I said, I'm no expert. I'm interested to see the other responses.

Hello mate 👋
Thank you for your reply and for your personal insight regarding the matter, really appreciated and will that into consideration 👍
I completely forgot to mention the consumption rates indeed and I'm sorry for that. So the tyre wear will be 3x and the fuel consumption rate will be 2x.
In my practice runs i'm only going for 2 stops. The fuel lasts about 11,12 laps full throttle (a bit less when i use Softs because of the tire wear) but i short shift a little i manage to do those laps also.
And the fuel consumption is what is getting to me because the Porsche 919 is hybrid and pretty uses everytime its electric power on slow corners thus saving fuel even at full throttle. Needless to say that if i short shift it saves even more. But because of it's fuel/electric energy efficiency is mainly the reason i only go for 2 pit stops in a track like Le Mans

Sounds like you'll be fine with 2 stops then. I don't think the order and tire strategy will matter too much. Using the different compounds is just a good way to mix up the relative speeds of the competitors and keep it interesting after a few laps when the order has settled down.

Sounds like you'll be fine with 2 stops then. I don't think the order and tire strategy will matter too much. Using the different compounds is just a good way to mix up the relative speeds of the competitors and keep it interesting after a few laps when the order has settled down.
Thank you again mate for your reply and your advise. I really suck at endurance (even thou i enjoy watching on TV 😅). I know i can race fast but my consistency and checking for fuel and tyre and adjusting my driving accordingly is definitely my downside, but I'm getting better with practice thou 😅👍.
Oh and you've asked me also where i will stand in the race and I'm assuming mid-pack (we we'll be 14 players)

Back