Tyre wear,braking issues solved......i think.

• Thread starter bigmull
  • 5 comments
England
England
So i was determined to sort out several issues from the update.Firstly,the veering of the car when under heavy braking.In all my testing etc i was using the DB3s on the 700 race at Le Mans.As you can see from the first vid,the veering is almost absent under severe braking,when it does start it not severe and can be handled easily.

The second and most probably the biggest issue was Tyre wear,pre update RH would last the whole race of around 7 laps with little or no wear indication.Post update it was found that they barely managed 3 laps and the roadholding was poor.So i started fiddling with the tuning setup,i kind of did it randomly ignoring what various tuning parts should do.So eventually i got a WHOLE race of 7 laps on a set of RH tyres.The handling was very acceptable when compared to preupdate even with some light rain during the race.On the last lap(in the following vid)even with the tyre wear well in the red,there was no appreciable loss of grip,the only tyre squeeling to be heard was in the final set of corners.

So how did i do it?
I dialled back the acceleration and braking settings on the LSD,then did the same with the damping ratios.I then reduced the camber both front and back.I will continue to play with the settings to see if i can improve things even more.Heres a screenshot of the settings i used in the videos.
301026897_809573043589555_7513177136866828445_n.jpg

Did you try the brake balance first? It's the typical thing to change when braking is not balanced.

As for tire wear, I don't think there's anything to fix here, racing hard tires simply last less than before and they're not as different from mediums and softs as they were before (so much more durable than the other two)

Did you try the brake balance first? It's the typical thing to change when braking is not balanced.

As for tire wear, I don't think there's anything to fix here, racing hard tires simply last less than before and they're not as different from mediums and softs as they were before (so much more durable than the other two)
Yes that was the first thing i changed,it didnt solve the weaving issue,the DB3s has normal pads with drilled Discs.RH tyre wear was terrible before i started to look into it,getting two laps was seeming the norm post update.

Back