tyre wear

• Thread starter Spatt
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
Manchester
Spatt
Hi folks !

so i need a bit of help with the tyre indicators in the bottom right corner.

from what i understand.

blue is cold
green is "warmed up"
red "overheating" (i thought this was wear at first but they go back to green if i ease off)

so how do i know if my tyres are worn??

thanks in advance. feel free to comment about your pit strategies and set ups if you've noticed anything. Also im using DS4 on ps4 (no wheel) so cant "go easy on the tyres" yet haha

There is no indicator for tire wear, you have to "feel" it. But as in real life, even the soft tires should last at least as long as you have fuel (well, exept Formula 1 :D)

No tyre wear indication?

That's a bit daft. We aren't real professional racing drivers with real pit crew to ask about our car. There has to be some assistance. I have no idea how long a particular set of tyres should last on a particular car on each track in each type of conditions.

This info should be available and it should be assumed that this is coming from the pit crew.

I would hope the "race engineer" might talk to you and say "tyres will only last a few more laps" or something?

In other games when you select a tyre (hard, soft) it indicates an approximation of how many laps you'll do on it.

it a bit annoying when you notice red tyres at the bottom and your pitting for fresh ones thinking that they're worn out.

I already had my engineer asking me to pit because of tyre wear (once). Otherwise it is pretty clear when your tyres are worn, when you start sliding all over the place it means it's time to pit.
On real tyre wear speed I easily last for an hour pushing on the same set (LMP1). It'll differ a bit depending on your driving style and how hard you are on the inputs but that gives you an idea of how long you can stay out.

You can also use the telemetry add on [pc version] and run a few practice laps to get an idea of how your tires will wear in a race.

cheers guys thats great advice. i'll try and scale the tyre wear so i can get some idea of what it feels like when they go off

Back