Tyre Wear

• Thread starter Sunzi
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The Bonanza Swaps have introduced me to deeper level of tuning and I'm just wondering what the best way to tune out tyre wear is? Is it even possible?

I've tried Brake Balance Controller biased towards the rear (+5) but it made no difference to wear levels.

Do the differing brake applications affect wear degree - I'm certain a racing or carbon brake set up causes more wear than stock default brakes - is that correct or my perception?

Any advice welcome.

I'm happy with my Nismo'd Integrale tune but the tyre wear at Tokyo is compromising the performance. I'd rather not drop the power if I can avoid it.

From my experience in other racing games, the best ways to reduce tire wear are:
  1. Soften the suspension (springs, dampers, roll-bars)
  2. Zero out toe all around
  3. Use the least amount of camber you can get away with
  4. Change your driving style - Start by arcing your way through corners, and not diamond them.
Which event(s) and car(s) are you having issues with excessive tire wear?

From my experience in other racing games, the best ways to reduce tire wear are:
  1. Soften the suspension (springs, dampers, roll-bars)
  2. Zero out toe all around
  3. Use the least amount of camber you can get away with
  4. Change your driving style - Start by arcing your way through corners, and not diamond them.
Which event(s) and car(s) are you having issues with excessive tire wear?
1. having less grip or resistance means more durability
2. driving smoother means more durabilty

2. is often also faster, while 1. is a sacrifice of handling for increased durability, but as long as the car still behaves well, you can try a few small changes.

Latest Posts

Back