Tyres

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave1127
  • 6 comments
  • 517 views
Messages
891
England
England
Bit of advice needed please!

I currently drive a 458 Italia. I was just wondering if I should change my tyres depending on what circuit I drive or stick to the same all the time?

I currently use racing mediums but find the tyres are locking quite regularly. :grumpy:
 
On races without tyre wear use Softs, when it's on, use Hard unless it's upto something like 20 laps, I don't really bother with medium's, I either use soft or hard personally. The locking up is merely technique, shouldn't matter without tyre wear, with it though, I'd try and keep it smooth.
 
On races without tyre wear use Softs, when it's on, use Hard unless it's upto something like 20 laps, I don't really bother with medium's, I either use soft or hard personally. The locking up is merely technique, shouldn't matter without tyre wear, with it though, I'd try and keep it smooth.

Cheers mate

I take it you always use racing tyres as well and not sports?
 
I dunno if it's me but I didnt notice a big difference in longetivity between hard/medium/soft tires. I was doing 200km SuperGT races and had some trouble with rear tyre wear and was forced to pit once on my first race at around the middle of the race. So hell in the next race I think ok I was enough ahead last time this time I will try to use medium tyre and see where it brings me.

Just after the middle of the race my tire had the same wear as the soft one but had less grip so I was not that much ahead of the pack this time. Still won the race but surprised me.

I'll probably do some test about how much tyre last soon. I bet difference is marginal.
 
Tyre locking also has to do with brake controller settings. Ease them off a bit and check again.
 
When doing the Laguna Seca and Grand Valley endurances, I noticed racing hard lasted twice as long as the soft ones with the X1.
 
Back