I'm getting tired of hearing this ranting from you. I'm tempted to ask if you're insecure just because your Hondas can't drift, but I have more respect for you than that.
"Drifting is not racing" - Yes and no. Drifting and racing are two very different (almost opposite) things, yes, but there can be such a thing as
Drift racing. "How can this be?" you ask? Well, what's wrong with trying to get around a course as fast as possible while drifting the entire time? Refusing to believe that such an activity is "racing" is just like refusing to believe that
hurdling (track and field) is racing. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't argue, "Hurdling is dumb because they jump over those hurdles. That's not racing! If they were racing, they'd just run around the hurdles. That's faster!"
Being forced to drift while trying to get through a course as fast as possible is simply a limitation, similar to being forced to avoid pitting and ramming other cars.
Drift racing is just another form of competition.
"Drifting is showing off." - Oh yeah, that
has to be the reason why I enjoy drifting in deserted parking lots over the winter. 'Cause, you know,
everyone can see me when I do that. It has
nothing to do with
having fun. 💡
"Drift is slow and kills tires. There is no point to it." - So? Racing is
dangerous, deadly even. It kills tires, doesn't take you anywhere (assuming you're racing on a circuit), and burns a lot of precious fuel and oil.
Obviously, there's no point to it at all, and it is an activity that
must be stopped.