UCD Funny Descriptions

  • Thread starter Thread starter ECGadget
  • 17 comments
  • 2,031 views
Messages
2,728
United Kingdom
England
Messages
ECGadget
Messages
Eh???
Okay, so I was searching the dealership, and I know they make occasional typos on the des. But this one I just laughed at.

''This Commodore SS even set the record in the highway touring race around australia, covering the 9.3 miles distance in JUST six and a half days''

LMAO
 
Most of the fuel consumption figures in the descriptions were left as a tentative figure of 99.9L/100km, which can be quite hilarious when reading the description for a Prius or Insight.
 
You mean they all have a default figure??? lol
 
Yeah, and I hate how a lot of the japanese cars have 276bhp and some of the time the bhp in the description is lower than what it actually is after a million miles.
 
Oh, that 276 bhp thing is true though... At one point all japanese sports cars (evo, impreza etc) all had 276 bhp, and the rally versions had 299 bhp... But yeah... It is annoying when it's wrong


Anyone else found really funny ones?
 
"...this car has approximately 493.214 horsepower"
 
StefanBellof
"...this car has approximately 493.214 horsepower"

Hehe, that's a great one xD even though if it's 500PS, surely that is an approx too? So wouldn't 493 have sufficed...
 
That was just a freaky coincidence.
I meant to point out when making approximations one usually gives a round number, in this case something like "this car has approximately 500 horsepower". ;)
 
That was just a freaky coincidence.
I meant to point out when making approximations one usually gives a round number, in this case something like "this car has approximately 500 horsepower". ;)

It happens a lot. And I know what approximately means, that's why I posted 500 PS. :rolleyes:

The mistake, clearly, was not "cleaning" the output from the converter, which probably doesn't know very much about context. Read it in a different units system.
 
There's also a typo in the description of the F2007 where it mentions someone called Luis Hamilton
 
There's also a typo in the description of the F2007 where it mentions someone called Luis Hamilton

Haha! I'd forgotten about that one. That's the issue with phonetic spelling; which way do you go when translating back to a non-phonetic system? Maybe they (the localisation staff) ought to have genned up a touch on F1...
 
hahaha, Luis Hamilton (Not to be confused with Lewis Hamilton, who is the real life counterpart to the young Luis)
 
hywelkidd
There's also a typo in the description of the F2007 where it mentions someone called Luis Hamilton

Luis Hamilton? Didn't you all know that Lewis he has a disinhereted Spanish brother? :P
 
Oh, that 276 bhp thing is true though... At one point all japanese sports cars (evo, impreza etc) all had 276 bhp, and the rally versions had 299 bhp... But yeah... It is annoying when it's wrong

As I recall, there was a "gentleman's agreement" between the Japanese automakers not to advertise anything higher than 276 bhp; it didn't mean that this was the actual output. I don't think it was until 2005 or so that they abandoned this practice and started using the real output in advertising.

I always thought it was strange that GT used the advertised horsepower rating rather than trying to dig up the actual output for some of the cars, as it required them to "cheat" to make some of the Japanese cars as relatively fast as they are in real life (compared to non-Japanese cars) while pretending they only had 276 HP.
 
^ Aaaah, no wonder some cars just seemed waaaay more powerful than two-seven-six... ^
 
In Joey Logano's description, they spell my guy's name Tony Stuart. :ouch:
 
Back