UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
The Spurs are absolutely hopeless tonight.

Agreed, Leipzig were by far the better team and deserved to go through, Spurs have got some big problems and its not looking good for them to even qualify for next seasons CL.

In the other game, it finished 3-4 to Atalanta and they go through 8-4 on aggregate!, Illicic scored all four goals for them tonight.

PSG 2-0 Dortmund (3-2)
Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid (2-4)

Neymar and Bernat got PSG's goal in an empty Parc Des Princes to send PSG through.

Very dramatic and tense night at Anfield, Wijnauldum gave Liverpool the lead right at the end of the first half to make 1-1 overall, Liverpool dominted much of the second half (and indeed much of the match) but Jan Oblak produced some fantastic saves to keep Ateti in it, it went to extra time and Firmino scored five minutes into it to make it 2-1 overall, but then the comeback started. stand in Liverpool keeper Adrian with a bad kick out sending the ball straight back to Atletico and Marcos Llorente scored off of it, he then scored again just a few minutes later on the counter to cap off a dramatic turnaround in the first half of extra time and then Morata scored very late on to make it 2-3 on the night and 2-4 overall.

Liverpool's defence is over.

We would've been watching the Champions League final right now. :indiff:
At least ESPN LA is passing the 4 last finals today over here...

Edit: They passed the 2005 Instambul miracle this morning and I missed it... (beep) :banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
UEFA will finish this years tournament I think (and the Europa League), all the major European leagues resume their seasons in June and the German Bundesliga has been back for three weeks, only France, Netherlands and Belgium have decided to end their seasons.

I'm sure we will get some news in the coming weeks about the Champions League and Europa League resuming.

UEFA have announced that both the Champions League and Europa league will resume in August.

The Champions League will resume with the remaining second leg ties from the last 16. Man City v Real Madrid, Bayern v Chelsea, Juventus v Lyon and Napoli v Barcelona will take place on 7th/8th August with UEFA yet to decided the venues for those games, the quarter finals and semi finals will be single leg games on 12th/13th/14th/15th/18th/19th August with the final on the 23rd, those games will take place at the grounds of Sporting Lisbon and Benfica in Portugal.

The Europa League will resume on 5th/6th August with the remaining Last 16 ties with UEFA also yet to decide on the venues for those games, the quarter finals and semi final will also be single leg games taking place on 10th/11th/16th/17th August with the final on the 21st, those games will take place at four different venues in Germany.

The original host for the finals of Gdansk in Poland for the Europa League final and Istanbul for the Champions League final will now host the finals next year.

Champions League resumes from Friday night and the Europa League resumes tonight.

Champions League last 16 ties.

Tonight.
Juventus v Lyon (0-1)
Man City v Real Madrid (2-1)

Saturday night.
Barcelona v Napoli (1-1)
Bayern Munich v Chelsea (3-0)

Kick off for all games is 8pm GMT.

All games will be played at the home teams stadiums as normal but from the quarter finals onwards the matches will be single leg and played in Portugal, quarter finals will start on Wednesday. Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Leipzig and PSG are the four teams already through.

---------------------------------------------

Europa League quarter final draw.

Inter Milan v Bayer Leverkusen
Man United v Copenhagen
Shakhtar Donetsk v Basel
Wolves v Sevilla

Games will also be single leg ties and will be played across four different venues in Germany, QF start on Monday night.

Juventus 2-1 Lyon (2-2, Lyon win on away goals)
Man City 2-1 Real Madrid (4-2)

Two howlers at the back from Varane basically gifted goals to first Sterling after just a few minutes and then Jesus in the second half, Benzema equalized for Real but it wasn't to be for them.

Memphis Depay put away a penalty for Lyon leaving Juventus needing three goals to go through and it didnt quite happen for them, Ronaldo got both Juve goals but its Lyon who just go through.

Man City v Lyon in the quarter finals.

I'm not a Ronaldo fan but he deserved better. His quality should still be in the competition but Juve couldn't break down a team that played only once or twice in the last 4 or 5 months. Sarri is in trouble while Pochettino is waiting in the wings. If Zidane can escape Real, Juve would take him in a heartbeat. Even Allegri or Conte could be dark horses for a return. I could see Conte leaving Inter after this past year where he clashed with the owners and upper management.

Their biggest issue is that the season is in a little over a month so they don't have much time for changes.

Barcelona 3-1 Napoli (4-2)
Bayern 4-1 Chelsea (7-1)

Comfortable wins for both, brilliant individual goal by Messi in the Barca game. Chelsea just got battered.

The quarter finals get off to a dramatic start, Atalanta took the lead when Pasalic scored a worldie, PSG largely dominated throughout the game and Neymar missed a few sitters, Mbappe came on in the second half and nearly made and instant impact but the goals finally came for PSG in added time, Marquinhos with the equaliser in the 90th minute and the Choupo-Moting in the 93rd minute with the winner.

Heartbreak for Atalanta who did so well in making it to the QF's, but PSG gone on to face either Leipzig or Atletico who play tomorrow.

Leipzig beat Atletico 2-1 in tonights QF.

Dani Olmo gave Leipzig the lead in the first half before Joao Felix put away a penalty to equalise, Tyler Adams got the winner in the 88th minute. Leipzig will play PSG in the semi finals.

I have to say that what Bayern did, in a very purposeful way, tonight with Coutinho has singularly made me like them a lot more as a club. I still don't like them, but still.

An incredible game, I always thought Bayern would win as i thought the Barca team was past its best, but my god I never thought it would be a demolition quite like that.

Bayern the favorites to win for me, and it feels like an end of an era for Barcelona.

yas
:D
Well at least from now on Arsenal will not be the first thing people think of when they hear 8:2.
Though this is what Sallenhi started there, that he continues in Arsenal, so it's a matter of time...

Aaand Sallenhi is gone. I know this is not champions league news, but it seems someone saw those same foundations from the Barcelona downfall and acted.

Lyon beat Man City 1-3!!

They deserved to go through, Man City messed up as Sterling missed an open goal and Ederson fumbled a rebound shot.

Latest Posts

Back