UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
Liverpool are the lucky ones, I was hoping Ajax would get Porto or Tottenham, but instead got possibly the worst team to face.

Semi Finalqualifiers predictions:

Juve, Liverpool, Man City, Barca...

Shame for Ajax - I reckon they are dark horses but Juve will probably be a bridge too far, but who knows.

Tottenham's worst nightmare. They were already away to Man City on 4/20.

Nah Barcelona would be our worst nightmare. With the first tie at home, I think we have a chance. Gonna have to be at our absolute best and hope City turn up thinking the tie is already over (like most of their fans.) Actually love everyone writing us off. On our day we can beat anyone, same way we can lose to anyone... my very first thought after the Dortmund game was watch us lose to Southampton now lol!

That's what they said when we drew PSG.
Dont compare PSG to Barcelona. PSG doesn’t play for the badge on their chest. Barca is the opposite. That’s why will always be a local champion and that’s it.

Dont compare PSG to Barcelona. PSG doesn’t play for the badge on their chest. Barca is the opposite. That’s why will always be a local champion and that’s it.
In other words nonsense, PSG have a better team then Barcelona atleast on paper it doesn't take a genius to see that.

I still think Barcelona will be favourites but I can see both sides winning.

3js.png

Quarter finals start tomorrow with Liverpool v Porto and Tottenham v Man City, Wednesday its Man United v Barcelona and Ajax v Juventus.

For some reason I didn't see your reply before now.

I've not watched PSG and Barca enough lately to make an informed call on that.
I was merely pointing out that even if you are clear favorites, anything can happen.

Let's agree that we hope for two good matches of football.

Liverpool got a comfortable 2-0 against Porto with first half goals by Keita and Firmino, Tottenham beat Man City 1-0 thanks to a second half strike from Son, Kane limped off with an ankle injury after a challenge from Delph and is now feared to be out for the season.

Man City did win a controversial penalty via VAR after the ball hit Danny Rose's left arm inside the box, Lloris saved the resulting penalty from Aguero.

Dissapointed. Aguero may have missed a penalty, but Pep's team is completely switched off and lack creativity, and just don’t look like a formidable side a single bit.

For some reason I didn't see your reply before now.

I've not watched PSG and Barca enough lately to make an informed call on that.
I was merely pointing out that even if you are clear favorites, anything can happen.

Let's agree that we hope for two good matches of football.

Gotta say that I'm looking forward to Phil Jones vs Messi.

It will be a Phil Jones wonder own goal show.

untitled10lekwx.png

--

zMDwEIJ.jpg

I think Ajax can win tonight. But it would be difficult for them to advance to the semis if they concede.

Last edited:
Barcelona will have to much for us over the two games, we might get a draw tonight but cant see us going through.

Someone lighting up a joint in the Ajax stands.

What a disgusting game of football. Valverde settles with any positive result instead of going for the kill. First 15 minutes were very good, and then to **** after the goal.

Last edited:
Good United performance I thought, we were just lacking in the final third and actually had no shot on target!

Dalot, Fred and Shaw were great and McTominay was MOTM I thought.

Expected a lot more from Barcelona to be honest, they didn't really do a lot.

Good United performance I thought, we were just lacking in the final third and actually had no shot on target!

I agree. United had a better performance than expected, and was unlucky with the own goal from Shaw.

Busquets on the other hand should have been sent off before half-time. Pathetic.

Still Barcelona shows that even on an average day they can get results and is still among, if not, the favourites to win the Champions League.

Im a Porto fan and im surprised that a team like Liverpool that has 4 times our budget, needed so much blessing from the ref and lady luck to beat us 2-0.
First goal is an incredible fluke when teams are still warming up and then Mo Salah miraculously escapes from a straight red card with a lot of game to play.
Then Marega has one of those nights that he could be shooting to the net all night that the ball wouldn't go in and then a stupid collective defensive mistake offers the Beatles the second goal.
All Porto fans know Liverpool is a different galaxy and the odds of kicking them off are slim but you can be sure, absolutely sure, that we won't go down without a fight and we will make you cry, sweat and bleed for that ticket to the semifinals.
Good luck.

We didn't have our shooting boots on last night, if we did then I'm sure we would have scored from one of those chances. Perhaps we felt rushed whenever we created an opening because it was against Barcelona, but we played very well for large portions of that game. Quick, agressive and moving the ball well.

Barcelona played like a Louis Van Gaal team, sideways and backwards most of the time, they didn't play that well but we all know that they are capable of playing a lot better than they did. One moment of magic from Messi created that own goal, he was fairly subdued other than that, but still, it only took that one moment and it was a fantastic run and pass.

Pretty much the whole team played great, the weak link IMO is Ashley Young, he just can't cross the ball, or shoot, and his positioning and reaction times are slower than the younger players. I think his times about up, but the team player really well last night. Huge performance from McTomminay, he's really starting to impress in the big games. Dalot was fantastic too, apart from that header which should have been on goal instead of across it, but it was a really really positive performance despite the 1-0 loss.

It's an uphill battle and Barcelona have to be the favourites, but so were PSG. Anything can happen in football :D.

Back