Ugh the prize car system!!

Tina Branford

(Banned)
United States
United States
I know this game is old but heck some of us still play old GTs so I suppose rants are still gonna happen. This particular rant is about the prize car system.. IT SUCKS!! I just did the painfully hard task of beating the Professional Vitz championship(one of the hardest races in the game) and I got a darn Vitz! I have already won two dang Vitz in other races.. used the pink one for the race. I got ANOTHER one! I was hoping for the Altezza LM, Castrol Supra or at least the Supra RZ but jeez screw that. It's making me hate this game. I keep getting cars I already have it's stupid. If I want the Altezza LM I guess I have to do the Amateur Altezza race again save before Cote De Azur and redo it till I get it.

Seriously though I don't even think it's possible for them to have programmed a worse prize car system if they friggin tried. Whomever designed this system should have been fired from ever making video games again.

IRC you win decent cars for the Amateur and so on. You should search the prize car list and do the events for the cars you want.

Since the car count is low, the developers had to stretch out prize cars.

The endurance races have amazing prize cars, like the Falcon race car, RX-7 LM edition, even the F1 cars!

Yes, sometimes the prizes are less than great, but at the end of the day crying about what cars you wanted versus what you got just makes you look like a child. The game's nearly 20 years old, Google a prize car list and see what events you gotta do to win an Altezza LM, Castrol Supra or RZ.

The endurance races have amazing prize cars, like the Falcon race car, RX-7 LM edition, even the F1 cars!

Yes, sometimes the prizes are less than great, but at the end of the day crying about what cars you wanted versus what you got just makes you look like a child. The game's nearly 20 years old, Google a prize car list and see what events you gotta do to win an Altezza LM, Castrol Supra or RZ.

Don't forget the R390 road car :D

I already know all the events you win the Altezza from. I never asked 'where' you win one from did I!? The rng is the issue I'm complaining about. It's alright though as I have already got bored of GT3 again and pawned it off and GT4 as well in addition to the DFP. So it looks like you wasted your time throwing your opinion in here crying about my rant.

I already know all the events you win the Altezza from. I never asked 'where' you win one from did I!? The rng is the issue I'm complaining about. It's alright though as I have already got bored of GT3 again and pawned it off and GT4 as well in addition to the DFP. So it looks like you wasted your time throwing your opinion in here crying about my rant.

You can win amazing prize cars in GT4 if you do the special conditions mode. ;)

I'd say the epitome of the prize system is the Apricot Hill Endurance:
  1. Mazda MX-5
  2. Mazda MX-5
  3. Mazda MX-5
  4. Formula 1 car
Which, with an MX-5 being one of the starter cars, I very much suspect is the exact reason why endurances aren't accessible from the get-go in GT4 and onward.
The prize car roulette being gone before GT Sport though I think is because of both that and because it was a general annoyance, especially in Endurances.

Didn't think it was too bad meself, could've done with some kind of colour rotation thing when winning a prize car, or even being able to choose the colour of your prize car but apart from that, I don't mind it.

I know this game is old but heck some of us still play old GTs so I suppose rants are still gonna happen. This particular rant is about the prize car system.. IT SUCKS!! I just did the painfully hard task of beating the Professional Vitz championship(one of the hardest races in the game) and I got a darn Vitz! I have already won two dang Vitz in other races.. used the pink one for the race. I got ANOTHER one! I was hoping for the Altezza LM, Castrol Supra or at least the Supra RZ but jeez screw that. It's making me hate this game. I keep getting cars I already have it's stupid. If I want the Altezza LM I guess I have to do the Amateur Altezza race again save before Cote De Azur and redo it till I get it.

Seriously though I don't even think it's possible for them to have programmed a worse prize car system if they friggin tried. Whomever designed this system should have been fired from ever making video games again.
You should just save the game before the last race in championship. Keep restarting the game untill you get the prize car you want.

*cough*GT Sport*cough*

You should just save the game before the last race in championship. Keep restarting the game untill you get the prize car you want.
I saw that in a strategy guide and been doing that ever since. Helps if you have enough points to skip the last race.

Wow what a bitch I was geez!!:guilty:

Sorry guys.:( Must've been having a BAD bout of Insomnia when I wrote and did that stupid crap ugh.:banghead:

Latest Posts

Back