Ughh...need help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arklight
  • 5 comments
  • 1,677 views
Messages
164
So I just finished the Gran Turismo World Championships, all golds (I think I my blood pressure wnet up a bit during the Nur. race). I had to leave about 4th race in, so I "retired from the Championship". I return after putting my son to bed and finish out the last race or two (however many that were left) and acquire golds in those races. I back out of the A-Spec screens to claim my trophy and car.....nothing. I go back into the Gran Turismo World Championship and notice the first race titled "Championship"(or something to that effect) is not completed. That's strange I know I raced at Le Mans earlier. Oh well, I do the race the again and come in first place. Yay, all done! NOT..........

Apparently, despite the fact that I just golded all of the races, I have to do ALL OF THEM over again because I left earlier. So, although it shows gold trophys all the way across the Gran Turismo World Championship row, I get no trophy, no prize car, nothing for completing the series.

Is there a way around this to get the trophy? I have golds all the way across ad I even just did the first race labeld "Championship" again. Still nothing. :boggled:

Thanks for any help!
 
If I understand this correctly, it seems like you retired from the whole championship. Even though you earned the gold for certain individual races, you failed to complete the championship and earn the additional Cr. that winning the championship provides.
So yes, you will have to re-race the earlier races if you want to get a gold trophy for the championship.

When you play a championship you are awarded points at the end of each race (1st=100, 2nd=75, etc.), you don't need to get gold in all the individual races to get a gold in the championship. You just need to be the driver with the greatest number of points at the end of the championship.
 
Yup, when you retired from the championship, you RETIRED FROM THEN CHAMPIONSHIP :P
 
You retired from the entire championship, which means you have to go back and do the championship again. GT4 had the option to run championships, and the individual races as well. There is no "one race" named championship in that section. The championship is the combination of all 5 of those events done in a sequence, with points distributed for finishing position.
 
For Championships you need to do them as a cup sequence. You can't retire from them as zdawood89 said or it'll be incomplete. Next time just pause it and come back to it. Unlucky..
 
Oh well. I guess I will just do them all again some day....in the distant future. lol

Thanks for the help!
 
Back