Uh, a little help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRaKe6900
  • 7 comments
  • 769 views
Messages
7
Australia
Newcastle
Messages
DRaKe6900
Messages
DRaKe6900
I downloaded the update today and after about half an hour of play time I went to switch cars for one of the seasonal races, when I clicked on the car the image of the car wouldn't show up and the music cut out, if I click change car or settings it freezes the game. The car in question is the 09 GT-R SpecV, I can pick any other car in my garage except that one. Any ideas what's causing this or if there's a way to fix it?
 
To fix the missing picture of the GTR, hit triangle on the car with no image and select "Create Thumbnail"

As for why your music's cutting out... I don't know honestly. Check the audio options?

Also - Despite not wanting to be so cliche, have you tried turning it off and back on again?
 
To fix the missing picture of the GTR, hit triangle on the car with no image and select "Create Thumbnail"
I don't mean the thumbnail, I mean where you select the car and you see it rotating. Turns out it's not just my GT-R, half the Nissans in the dealership freeze the game as well
 
I don't mean the thumbnail, I mean where you select the car and you see it rotating. Turns out it's not just my GT-R, half the Nissans in the dealership freeze the game as well

Ah. By "Image of the car" I presumed you meant in the car list.

All I can think of is to restart it, it usually fixes issues like this
 
You could try, to install all of the game data (you'll need 10 GB space). The installation might take hours, but I think it might be able fix your problem.
 
Did that back when I got the game, I did have an idea of deleting the data and reinstalling it to see if that would stop it
 
I'm almost certain its a dirty or scratched disc who is responsible.

Clean your CD with a cloth designed to clean glasses. Your game disc might look super clean but clean it anyway. Bluray eye might be dirty as well but thats another story.
 
I'm almost certain its a dirty or scratched disc who is responsible.

Clean your CD with a cloth designed to clean glasses. Your game disc might look super clean but clean it anyway. Bluray eye might be dirty as well but thats another story.

That's it, I gave it a wipe down and it seemed to improve my problem but not completely eliminate it. Now the music keeps going and I can select the car and hear the engine noise but it still doesn't show up and freezes once selected. I'll swing by a video store in the morning and get them to pop it in the disc cleaner.
Thanks so much for picking up the problem
 
Back