Uhh oh.

  • Thread starter Thread starter weigle
  • 20 comments
  • 678 views
Messages
35
Arcade mode will only work 30% of the time I try to load it. Simulation works perfectly. When I try to do arcade mode, i just hear some awful noises from the playstation like the bearings are going out or something. It sounds like its trying to search for something, but can't find it over 1/2 the time, so the game just locks up. Even if you are lucky to get into Arcade Modes main screen, its only a matter of time before it locks up. Its VERY frustrating. My cd has a few fine scratches, but nothing the PS2 hasnt seen before, i havent even taken it out of the PS2! It didnt start until I started playing without a memory card. I can't put the memory card in to see if that effects it, because my cousin has it and wont give it back. Has this happend to anyone else? Could it be the PS2 or my disk? Like I said, it worked FINE when there was a memory card in it, but it should effect it if there's not. . . right?

ARGH!!!!! :mad: :banghead: :(
 
If the PS2 is making that much racket, I'd be inclined to say that's where the problem is coming from... have you tried it with any other games to see if they have a similar problem?

Also, when did you get your PS2? The earliest ones had some issues with the internals breaking down far sooner than they should.
 
about 1-2 years after they 1st came out. I need to take my disc to my friends house and see if it works on his, if it does, then we know the problem- PS2. If the PS2 was infact broken, it would not suprise me. It's lived a rough life in the hands of my brother, falling off the tv, putting drinks and food on it, etc. . . sick.
 
Oh yeah, I put a memory card in. It didn't make any difference. :(
 
Send it to Sony if you still have the warranty valid...
 
Your the opposite of me :). I take precious care of my PS2, it was a big investment. I clean it every week and handle my hardware and sofware carefully. So far I havent had any problems with it...
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Your the opposite of me :). I take precious care of my PS2, it was a big investment. I clean it every week and handle my hardware and sofware carefully. So far I havent had any problems with it...

I too take very good care of my PS2, i don't let anyone even look at it wrong, but how do you clean yours, i just blow a breathe of air into the fan and vents.
 
oo....i had this problem at the very beginning...i bought a cd copy of GT3 for like 10$$ canadian after a month is started to happen...like it always freezes in arcade mode....so then I took my friends cd copy and it works fine...but now i have the real DVD copy...

so yea...if it keeps up i suggest u get a new one....
 
yup, could be it....
never had the prob meself
 
Just thought you all might like to know I asked my brother why his ps2 was crapping out on me. He said if you turn the ps2 on its side, it will work fine. I thought he was full of poo, but it seems to work alright. . . weird.
:confused:
 
So now is it horizontal? If it is, that's the way you should put it, because the disk sometimes skips...used to be like that but now that it's horizontal it's way better.
 
no, its vertical now. works fine vertical, wont work horizontal.
 
if it makes that sound..then its probaly ur lense in ur ps2..or mayabe it the cd that is dirty or something..
 
Have you tried using a disc doctor on the disc, since its having trouble reading the part where arcade mode is maybe one of those fine scratches isn't soo fine.
 
had mine horizontal worked fine, using it vertical works fine also
the only time it freezes up is when i do the wheelie trick;)
 
i have the same kind of problem, except that when i finish a race, my clear status doesn't update, so i have to do the race again until my clear status says that i cleared it

this takes me a while *sigh*
 
Originally posted by Streets on fire
if it makes that sound..then its probaly ur lense in ur ps2..or mayabe it the cd that is dirty or something..
he already said that it only had some fine scratches on it......

that is very very odd.....maybe there was a conectivity issue inside of the console, and wheny you tipped it up it moved the problem to the side......maybe

how very very odd......
 
This happened to me. Now my PS2 it broke because I need to get the eye and the wires clean (thats what Wofes Videogame Store told me). So maybe this is why. Check it out. Clean up the lazer a little. that mit work.
 
My friends playstation had the same problem, at first is was small, all we had to do to make is work, was turn it vertically, but then that stopped working, so then we had to turn it upside down, then that would only work 20% of the time, and then it happened, we got the fatal disk read error. It never recovered after that. It a good thing he had the warranty, cuz if not it would have been bye bye PS2 for him
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Your the opposite of me :). I take precious care of my PS2, it was a big investment. I clean it every week and handle my hardware and sofware carefully. So far I havent had any problems with it...

haha u jus reminded me of one of my mates hes the richest person i know (his dad gets £17 an hour! :eek: ) he had 2 ps2's 1 for him 1 for his big bro both of them got kicked by a pissed off big bro and now they dont work!:lol: :lol: :lol: he's also got 4 pc's which constantly get punched! and he goes through phone screens like 3 a month:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Back