uk magazine from 1998 showing gran turismo

England
southport
Well back in 1998 i was 21 years old, and absolutely salivating at seeing gran turismo in this magazine, I couldn't believe it, I was amazed...a few pics..just took some of the magazine..uk mag..cvg..and ive been into the GT games ever since..:)
CIMG7505.jpg
CIMG7508.jpg
CIMG7510.jpg
CIMG7511.jpg
CIMG7513.jpg

You play Gran Turismo 1 today, and it's still a better game than Drive Club on PS4. The handling of the cars on that game feels like your on icy roads

You play Gran Turismo 1 today, and it's still a better game than Drive Club on PS4. The handling of the cars on that game feels like your on icy roads

Maybe because it's an arcade game? NOT a simulator.

Thought it was a simulation game when I bought it! guess I was wrong bout that one I've got Project Cars now (updated version 1.2) which is much better gave Drive Club to my nephew.

I have to say even GT1 is quite arcade by today's standards. The cars have no weight whatsoever and the slightest touch of the brakes will send you into a drift. I have not played DC so I can't compare, but from videos the cars at least look quite planted and hefty.

GT2 on the other hand, is a quantum leap over GT1 in terms of physics. On simulation tires it can give later GTs a run for their money IMO.

I remember a great track on GT 2 with long straits and fast curves, can't remember the name though. The worst GT is number 5. Can't tell you the number of times the cars brakes locked up even though they suppose to have ABS. Number six is a lot better, but still wasn't a great leap forward.

GT 2 had a great track with long straits and fast curves can't remember the name of it though. Nothing could touch me once I acquired the Jaguar XJ220. Wonder why the creators of the games always leaves the crap tracks in the latest GT games?

I have to say even GT1 is quite arcade by today's standards. The cars have no weight whatsoever and the slightest touch of the brakes will send you into a drift. I have not played DC so I can't compare, but from videos the cars at least look quite planted and hefty.

GT2 on the other hand, is a quantum leap over GT1 in terms of physics. On simulation tires it can give later GTs a run for their money IMO.

In DC, the cars all have a feeling of weight - something that is rare for an arcade game. A word of warning about the cars is they have a ton of lift-off oversteer which easily throw off new players. I still haven't mastered it completely, but it's an amazing amount of fun once you get the hang of it. If you want your car to rotate a little more than necessary before, during, or after a turn, you can almost always do that.

Latest Posts

Back