Russian Invasion of Ukraine

• Thread starter Rage Racer
  • 9,340 comments
Kiev? Ha. They're not even a player in this game (I think). Judging by the way how SBU works, I seriously doubt they can even have their agents in Moscow.
Please explain how the SBU works. And I was not being serious about Kiev.

Speculation and finger-pointing is always the first and best thing to do, along with passing off the killing as a government assassination.

Itina Khakamada, a top ally of Nemtsov in the opposition, said the killing was clearly not in Putin's interest, but aimed at rocking the boat, as less than 48 hours before a high-profile rally Nemtsov was scheduled to speak at, the killing ensures the rally will get more international coverage.

The Russian state media said surveillance cameras at the site of the killing had identified the license plate of a vehicle in which the gunman escaped.

Nemtsov had ties to Ukraine as well, and had served as an economic adviser to Viktor Yuschcenko. He was walking with an Ukrainian woman at the time he was killed.

Russia 24 (Россия 24) announced a movie by Andrey Kondrashov "Homeward Bound" (Путь на Родину)
President Putin will tell about the last year events and about the Crimea operation. The channel didn't show any dates, but said that it will be soon.
link

Last edited:
Russia 24 (Россия 24) announced a movie by Andrey Kondrashov "Homeward Bound" (Путь на Родину)
President Putin will tell about the last year events and about the Crimea operation. The channel didn't show any dates, but said that it will be soon.
link

The movie is being aired on Rossiya 1 right now.

The movie is being aired on Rossiya 1 right now.

It's 2 hours long X_X I can't take it, lol.
I'll watch tomorrow after work. Good night.

-------

EDIT:
I finally watched it. It's 2 and a half hours long.

Well, nothing really new was said about the whole operation.
More details about how Russia saved the Ukrainian president and how the biker group "Night Wolves" played a significant role by kidnapping the Ukrainian Colonel General in Crimea so he won't deliver the order for the Ukrainian soldiers to open fire at Russian soldiers. (that was actually new for me) Everything else was already known or suspected.

The whole operation was carefully planned and executed.

I was watching here: LINK

2:20 Russia can't let the Crimean people get under the nationalist steam roller, but Russia will take Crimea only if people are willing to join.

11:50 The Russian helicopter that was supposed to save the Ukrainian president didn't had night vision equipment, so they were searching for the convoy for 1.5 hours in the darkness until the convoy turned on the high beams on their cars.

14:15 Ukrainian nationalists are hunting down thousands of people.

29:35 USA was training the nationalists and Europe helped.

33:10 The history is unjust, Sevastopol is the city of Russian pride.

45:50 Crimean Tatars are living in poor conditions.

58:20 Crimean militia are blocking the Ukrainian forces by lighting fuel barrels on the airport landing strip. The local police are meeting the militia, asking to lay down their weapons and getting ready to open fire. Right then many military trucks are arriving behind the militia and turns out, those are Russian trucks with Russian soldiers. The police disappeared.
Airport workers and passengers didn't notice this event.

1:05:40 President Putin never thought about disconnecting the Crimea, but because of the nationalists actions he didn't have any other choice.
The final target was to let the people decide if they want to join or not.

1:07:18 President Putin is saying that they didn't brake any rules by sending troops. They had a contract to keep 20.000 soldiers on their base and even by sending these soldiers they still didn't reach the number.

1:24:15 Crimea is a historical Russian land.
They placed several "Bastion" rocket complexes in Crimea. NATO ships got scared of them and sailed away. The Su-24 scared them even more.

1:29:50 Russian nuclear weapons are always ready and they were ready to strike if the operation will fail.
Crimea is Russia's historic territory.

1:38:20 Biker club "Night Wolves" are kidnapping Colonel General Mykhailo Koval. He was carrying an order for Crimean stationed military forces to open fire at the Russian soldiers.

The Crimea is now with Russia and people are happy but the Donbass went to hell. And I feel sorry for people that died and have to suffer this.

I guess we'll wait for the part two of this movie. Something like- Novorossia. The Way Home, or The Way Home. Battle for Donbas.

Also the list of foreign music used in the movie is too long.

Last edited:
The Ukrainian government claims to have captured 2 Russians soldiers and says that it is proof of Russian involvement in the war.

Russia of course, denies it all.

^This statement looks a bit distorted so I'll clear it up.

SBU (Security Service of Ukraine) claims two captured Russian citizens being GRU officers.
Press Secretary of RF President, Dmitriy Peskov, said that Kremlin is not going to check any info about Russian servicemen in Ukraine, "because there are no them out there, and never were".

A represantative of the Russian Ministry of Defence said, "We have checked the info from Ukrainian side, there guys have served in one units of the Armed Forces of Russian Federation and they are trained". However, he noted that they were not acting AF RF servicemen at the moment of their detainment on May 17, 2015. "Moscow hopes for prudence of Ukrainian government and release of Alexander Alexandrov and Yevgeniy Yerofeyev as soon as possible".

A deputy commander of the "people's militia" of self-proclaimed LPR, Sergey Kozlov, claimed that Ukrainian forces attacked the militants near Schastye town and captured two. He said they were wounded, and demanded their release. He also told their names - Alexander Alexandrov and Yevgeniy Yerofeyev.

"OHMYGOD! Child soldiers! Those separatist ****s teach women and children to handle guns! This is terrible!"

I looooove such comments on YouTube. :lol:

Preparing for a new two front war in Ukraine.
http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150613/1023333078.html
Hopefully, the Ukrainian commanding will be smart enough not to touch the Russian planes. Otherwise, it may result in a real strike by the RF Armed Forces (which is, unlike the typical Kiev's whining about "Russian invasions" every month, is no joke) to suppress the S-300 units.

But, since Odessa region is now governed by Saakashvili - a man who has some good expierence of asking for trouble with Russia - there is a serious worry about it.

Comedy time:

BlvyOc0S_RA.jpg

Poroshenko said, Moscow secretly supports the Ukrainian far-right nationalist groups that attacked the police this Monday in Kiev.
http://news.sky.com/story/1545646/poroshenko-blames-russia-for-police-deaths

"Kremlin's hand" is sooooo powerful...

Last edited:
Russia went to Syria, conflict in Ukraine suddenly died down.

Well, I'm glad that things over there are showing a glimpse of recovery and stability.

Well, it chilled down a bit earlier than Russia went to Syria. I'd say it's because Ukraine (temporarly?) stopped its attempts to regain the territorial integrity by force, and/or because RF insisted the separatists to agree for autonomy in one state with Kiev. So the Minsk agreements seem to work after all.

Today, Ukrainians (I mean, politically concerned and pro-government Ukrainians) are worried of the fact that the world starts to forget about Ukraine on the background of the Syrian events.
LC3bA9buxW8.jpg

* Hands off Ukraine! Ukraine is Europe!

And Ukrainian media posts crazy news like "Russia is going to invade Turkey after finishing with Syria!".

As for me, I'm kinda glad that "What's up with Ukrainians" on our TV news (it became really annoying) has changed for "What's up with Arabs". :D

An interesting article on Russians and other foreigners fighting in Ukraine on the side of the Maidan revolution but are now stuck in a hellish, stateless limbo.

A snippet:

Russian media has made headlines of “foreign mercenaries” from the United States and Scandinavia making money by killing civilians for pleasure in “fascist” battalions run by right-wing extremists, particularly Right Sector and the Azov Battalion.

The Russian reports are largely exaggeration, but they contain a grain of truth. Neo-Nazis, some coming from as far away as Sweden, have been openly active in Azov, an ultra-right outlet, which has a Wolfsangel on its emblem and which U.S. congressmen have called a “neo-Nazi paramilitary militia.” Right Sector, which was instrumental in the Maidan protests and now also has a political party, has regularly clashed with police and denounced the West as causing “moral decay” in Ukraine through “homosexual propaganda.”
http://news.yahoo.com/came-fight-ukraine-now-stuck-134446612.html

Probably not what anybody here especially wanted to hear about, but something potentially very serious is going on vis-à-vis Russia, Crimea, and the Ukraine. We are talking major military movements at a time when the existing cease fire agreement came to an end yesterday.
Though the new Russian military buildup is clearly at least a message meant for Ukrainian authorities, what the Kremlin's exact plan is remains unclear. The Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine, which includes representatives from Ukraine, Russia, and the multinational Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), reportedly failed to agree on the terms of an extension of an existing ceasefire agreement in Donbass beyond April 1.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...with-ukraine-amid-fears-of-an-imminent-crisis

It kinda seems like we know what these movements mean. Check this map. I'm not really sure how that happens on a such a large non-military scale but presumably all the city leaderships and their police just up and switch sides?

Edit: It's silly to suggest that I don't know how this could happen. We literally saw exactly how it happens on January 6, except instead of these being tiny regions surrounded by Union-loyal states and National Guard, half its border is Russia which absolutely supported the uprisings with equipment, guns, and people.

Also, in a way this sort of benefits the US's sanity because it further discredits any argument or person in America who tolerates Russia, such as Trump and his cronies, and supports arguments for Ukraine being a struggling ally of ours particularly with Biden's son having worked for a Ukrainian company.

Last edited:
Also, in a way this sort of benefits the US's sanity because it further discredits any argument or person in America who tolerates Russia, such as Trump and his cronies, and supports arguments for Ukraine being a struggling ally of ours particularly with Biden's son having worked for a Ukrainian company.

I personally don't think we should immediately attack Russia with everything we have. Not enough fig leaf. We first need to get Ukraine into NATO and get the Europeans to buy into another world war in the cause of freedom, democracy and the American way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Russia closes Black Sea to all foreign warships until October preparing for invasion of Ukraine?

Last edited:
"The chances of nuclear war are increasing."

You might want to prepare to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

According to recent published reports, US intelligence officials believe Russia, aided by Belarus, may attack Ukraine with 175,000 troops shortly into the new year - unless Biden gives Putin a binding guarantee NATO will not expand to include Ukraine.

It is now clear the negotiations are at a dead end, as the US has reaffirmed it will not stand in the way of Ukraine joining NATO. Accordingly, the attack by Russia has commenced in the form of cyber attacks and reportedly positioning agents assigned to instigate false flag attacks on Russians in Ukraine, the fig leaf justifying the invasion which, IMHO, is imminent.

Back