Ultimate Choke...!

• Thread starter RacerTed
  • 22 comments
United States
Ohio
tjpcep95
So I've been running the Grand Valley track in the 620pp Super Car festival for over a month now running the Zonda '09 messing with the tunes (I actually had the toe out to .90 front and back) and I got 2nd place two times in all that time.

For the first time today I actually got within the first two cars with a lap to go and I'm breathing down the #2 cars neck with a lap to go going into the 1st turn and I totally freak out as I'm getting ready to pass the guy and just start spinning out!!!:banghead:

Needless to say I didn't win that one! :dunce:

Glad to say that a race or two I FINALLY TOOK FIRST PLACE!!!:cheers:

Now I'll be working on the 2nd track (can't think of the name right now) cause I really want to WIN the GT LM not just buy it.

Please feel free to celebrate my long awaited victory with your own Ultimate Choke!:lol:

I don't choke. I have ice water running through my veins. :sly:

They call me the breeze, as in cool breeze. I'm as cool as the other side of the pillow. :sly:

Hey Mr Cool. Waiting for you to post a time in the #60 Time Trial, while you have nothing better to do.

Hey Mr Cool. Waiting for you to post a time in the #60 Time Trial, while you have nothing better to do.

And I told you that I don't have much interest in the Seasonal TT's anymore. All my time is spent in the WRS TT's. I also told you that if you want to compete with me so bad, to join the WRS. I'm not sure why you have to keep calling me out like this as we both know what happened the last time you did so give it a rest already. When I decide to take part in a Seasonal TT, I'll make sure you're the first to know.👍

It's just that you spend some time on the Seasonal threads without actually competing in them.

But hey, that's Cool.

Bummer haha.

I think I have you beat, one time I was doing an endurance and it was at night, and I was hell bound to finish it, had like a 2 lap advantage. Next thing I know I woke up in my chair, was seven in the morning and I was one lap from finishing.

:facepalm:

Oh man I was so maaaad. lol.

It wasn't that long ago, I was running hard swapping P1 and P2 nose to tail during the last stint at the Grand Valley 300Km with a late splash and go for each of us. I cut the fuel a bit to get out ahead of my opponent...I ran out on the 4th turn of the last lap :crazy:

I don't choke. I use a drug that is banned in real motorsport.

I don't choke. I use a drug that is banned in real motorsport.

:odd:

@Dalone: I didn't know that it was a requirement to participate in the Seasonals before I could browse/comment in this section. Is there some unwritten rule that I am not aware of?

Last edited:
I'm on beta blockers due to a heart condition.

P2. BETA-BLOCKERS
Unless otherwise specified, beta-blockers are prohibited In-Competition only, in the following sports.

Aeronautic (FAI)
Archery (FITA) (also prohibited Out-of-Competition)
Automobile (FIA)
Billiards and Snooker (WCBS)
Bobsleigh and Skeleton (FIBT)
Boules (CMSB)
Bridge (FMB)
Curling (WCF)
Darts (WDF)
Golf (IGF)
Motorcycling (FIM)
Modern Pentathlon (UIPM) for disciplines involving shooting
Ninepin and Tenpin Bowling (FIQ)
Powerboating (UIM)
Sailing (ISAF) for match race helms only
Shooting (ISSF, IPC) (also prohibited Out-of-Competition)
Skiing/Snowboarding (FIS) in ski jumping, freestyle aerials/halfpipe and snowboard halfpipe/big air
Wrestling (FILA)

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/World-An...hibited-List/Prohibited-in-Particular-Sports/

:odd:

@Dalone: I didn't know that it was a requirement to participate in the Seasonals before I could browse/comment in this section. Is there some unwritten rule that I am not aware of?

Ha ha, nobody has even suggested that there is. Stick to the facts Mr Cool.

Ha ha, nobody has even suggested that there is. Stick to the facts Mr Cool.

You did with your insinuating comment here.

Dalone GTP Fanatic Online Now!
It's just that you spend some time on the Seasonal threads without actually competing in them.

But hey, that's Cool

You did with your insinuating comment here.

Dalone GTP Fanatic Online Now!

But hey, that's Cool

That's not an insinuating comment. You're just trying to see crap where there isn't any. If you had any common sense, you'd stop arguing about pointless crap.

And back on topic.

OP, this car is awesome! I have a great tune for it and it competes great against other cars in the online aspec races (650pp)

I managed to take the lead of the Lambo Rome reverse on the last corner of the last lap and felt I'd made it only to be 'tapped' up the rear by the car I'd passed. As I spun down the track three cars passed me. I watched the replay and the car that 'tapped' me was definitely into the wall had he not hit me. Grrr!

Wow. Sorry to hear that, I didn't know. Don't know much about all that, but hope your health is as well as it can be with your condition. Take care of that ticker my friend, you only have one. 👍
It's no problem. It's all under control.

The beta blockers keep my heart rate down so if I'm under pressure from someone behind me, or if I'm slightly ahead of my ghost, I don't get flustered. Before I was on them, I'd feel the pressure and could make a mistake, whereas now I don't feel the pressure.

It's no problem. It's all under control.

The beta blockers keep my heart rate down so if I'm under pressure from someone behind me, or if I'm slightly ahead of my ghost, I don't get flustered. Before I was on them, I'd feel the pressure and could make a mistake, whereas now I don't feel the pressure.

Ah, I see. Sounds kinda like what my medication does for me that I take for my anxiety and panic attacks.

That's not an insinuating comment. You're just trying to see crap where there isn't any. If you had any common sense, you'd stop arguing about pointless crap.

And back on topic.

OP, this car is awesome! I have a great tune for it and it competes great against other cars in the online aspec races (650pp)

Would definitely like to try that tune!😃

Sweet. Will track it down. Fairly sure it's praianos tune. But basically with minimal throttle control it drives like an lm race car.

That just might be the one I used!!! Like I mentioned I moved the toe angle out quite a bit but I think that's cause I'm using a controller and he's tuning using a wheel. Then after doing his transmission adjustments I had the top speed down to like 174 but then adjusted 6th gear down to keep from red lining too soon down the straight.

You could give that guy a guitar with no strings and it would still sound good when he was done with it!:bowdown:

Last edited:
That just might be the one I used!!! Like I mentioned I moved the toe angle out quite a bit but I think that's cause I'm using a controller and he's tuning using a wheel. Then after doing his transmission adjustments I had the top speed down to like 174 but then adjusted 6th gear down to keep from red lining too soon down the straight.

You could give that guy a guitar with no strings and it would still sound good when he was done with it!:bowdown:

yeah I know! :D

Anyway, here's the tune for you :)

Height f 0 r 0
Spring f 12.8 r 15.0
Extension 7 7
Compression 7 7
ARB 4 4
Camber f 0 r 0
Toe f 0.00 r 0.20
BB 5/5
LSD 7/30/15

Aero f30 r55
No engine tuning
No turbo

Total is 648 pp (Without oil change) If you do oil change, you'll have to chuck some ballast on to keep it under 650

Gear box I'm iffy on....

1 - 3.346
2 - 2.200
3 - 1.584
4 - 1.198
5 - 0.952
6 - 0.794
Final 3.769

Pretty sure it's all Praianos tune..But I can't remember. It was a while ago that I did it.

This tune get's me an average 1.55 on Suzuka. Best thing with this tune, I've also used it on a full maxed out Zonda (900ish BHP) and it gave me the same performance :)

It's a little touchy on the steering, but easy to control :)

Hope it helps.

Do you use a wheel? I had to run the toe angle all the way out to like 90 to get the cornering as smooth as I could with a controller.

I got all the way down to like 1:58 on Grand Valley with that, but now that I'm on the next track in the Super Car festival (can't remember the name off hand) I backed it off to like 75. Having just started that race I still haven't found the best tune for my driving style just yet.

How do you adjust your tunes when the track doesn't have as many tight corners as others?

yeah I know! :D

Anyway, here's the tune for you :)

Height f 0 r 0
Spring f 12.8 r 15.0
Extension 7 7
Compression 7 7
ARB 4 4
Camber f 0 r 0
Toe f 0.00 r 0.20
BB 5/5
LSD 7/30/15

Aero f30 r55
No engine tuning
No turbo

Total is 648 pp (Without oil change) If you do oil change, you'll have to chuck some ballast on to keep it under 650

Gear box I'm iffy on....

1 - 3.346
2 - 2.200
3 - 1.584
4 - 1.198
5 - 0.952
6 - 0.794
Final 3.769

Pretty sure it's all Praianos tune..But I can't remember. It was a while ago that I did it.

This tune get's me an average 1.55 on Suzuka. Best thing with this tune, I've also used it on a full maxed out Zonda (900ish BHP) and it gave me the same performance :)

It's a little touchy on the steering, but easy to control :)

Hope it helps.

This doesn't look like Praianos tune. See it here.

Latest Posts

Back