Ultimate cockpit, Gadget show (UK) next week

• Thread starter GAHmusic
  • 15 comments
GAHmusic
Hi
I saw a preiview for the new series of the gadget show starting I believe next week on channel 5. In the trailor one of the guys was driving what looked like colin mccrae dirt 2 on an amazing cockpit/simulator. It appeared the entire cockpit was on rams similar to a fairground ride and it shook and bounced in every direction.
Thought I'd give you guys in the UK a heads up and maybe we can grab it or point to it on youtube for everyone else as it looked cool, probably cost around £20K and it wouldn't fit in my lounge but it looked great.

I think this is it, I certianly want one of these

http://techblips.dailyradar.com/video/cruden-s-hexatech-racing-simulator-iaapa-2009/

Cheers Gary

Last edited:
nice, but if its 20 grand like you suggest, i would rather just buy a car lol

If you have 20 grand to spend on something like that, then you've already got all the real cars you want. If I had 20,000 to blow, I would have one of those. If the complete frex system costs 10,000 then that has to be much more then 20,000 you would think. I was guessing around 35,000 - 50,000 for something like that.

did I say 20k, try nearly a quarter of a mil a cool $250,000. by the way if you check out the other videos listed there are some different versions of this rig. I was thinking though it would be cool to recreate this by using a chair and four people, one per corner moving it like in the vid, lol

A quarter million is a whole different story. That's crazy, If I had 250,000 to spend on somethin like that, I would build my own personal race track behind my mansion, on my 10000 acres of land. But then again if I've got that much to blow, I might just buy it.

I honestly don't see them make profit on these. I mean if you have a quarter mil, would you buy this or buy a super car and go on a track yourself?

Like I said, if you have a quarter million to blow, you already own the supercars you want, and you're just looking for things to spend money on. I wouldn't doubt that jay leno already has one of them. They probably make them to order so if noone buys them they aren't out any money anyway. People spend millions on home theaters, so why not add a game room with this in it.

HN7
I honestly don't see them make profit on these. I mean if you have a quarter mil, would you buy this or buy a super car and go on a track yourself?

Just cause you collect cars, doesn't mean you know how to drive them. As Jay Leno admitted himself, he's not a great driver. Would you rather go on a track and carefully drive your $300k car, or get one of these and go balls out?

I tried this cockpit simulator at the Montreal Autoshow on his ''top of the line'' version (12 feed tall when on operation)... that was a great experience.

New one is CAN$300K.

yeah my track!!!!!! Road America BABAY!!!!! i live literally right across the street from the track in this vid.... my house is right on elkhart lake.

I bet big budget race teams have this for their drivers to practice on for the off season.

Back