Ultra basic tuning for fun Arcade races

• Thread starter Robbks
  • 0 comments
Australia
Tasmania
RobUrabus
I've been short on time to just drive lately but have found great enjoyment on picking a decent sports or GT car from the lot or garage and doing a simple 1 or 2 lap arcade race on Sierra or the ring.
I never find arcade races fun when you've spent days refining a tune on every parameter and you're moles faster than the pack in cars of similar PP.

So Basically all I've been doing is whacking on a Semi-racing exhaust to make it sound better, dropping the power limiter to restore the original PP rating and fitting custom suspension,
but down-tuning it back to the GT-Defaults for springs and dampers. Setting camber at 0, front toe at 0 and rear at 0.1.

I'm very suprised at how much better the standard cars handle, but still retain their character on the road.
I've spent a lot of time getting my RUF RGT to handle very neutral for online racing, but going back to a more standard street setup makes it so much fun, but a couple of tweaks to get around the stupid pre-programmed values, and when you have limited time or just want to "drive"
and to me that's what's been great about the entire GT Franchise. Driving.

I have a lot of cars set up with replica tunes thanks to a number of the tuners on here, but again, time and effort in finding them and doing the changes.

Back