Week 107​

27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 105 winner Crooooooow

"The Pit"

Cars: Racing Cars only.

Track: Any World Circuit.

Photo Travel: No.

Poll Size: --

Explanation: In the words of week 105 winner, Crooooooow: "You may think capturing a photo of a car in the pit stop is impossible, well it's not. Simply enter a race and drive by the outskirts of the pit while a vehicle is in neutral."

Closes:

May, 11th

Rules:

• Allowed photo editing tools: Resize. No other modifications allowed outside GT4 photomode.
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.

Happy Photomoding everyone! :cheers:

Sorry for the delay. :indiff:

Last edited:
I've managed to capture a great photo for this week. I'd like to see Korza beat me this time around.

I took a couple photos, but were not as good when I viewed them on PC. Need to play with settings and take some more this evening.

So to clarify the rules, Race cars, World Circuits, and the car just has to be behind the pit wall? Can the car be rolling down pit lane or does it have to be stopped?

I don't know but I'd say no, as Crooooooow said the car has to be in neutral.

I don't know, Korza. Because from what I can see in the entries list there is... Hmmm, aboouut... Negh, nothing. I don't know if it's due to the difficulty of getting a photo just of a pit stop let alone a good one or if everyone wants to see what other people do first. I would most likely say it's just the theme, because it's rather difficult and also rather strict.

Last edited:
Where are the entries? I can't enter because I'm grounded. :indiff:

I was planning on attempting to take a few more photos to have more to choose from, but if I don't get to it tonight I do have 1 eligible photo I can enter tomorrow morning. The rest of the ones I took last weekend were of the car cruising down pit lane....so, not eligible.

One day before the deadline, and still no entries?! Pick it up competitors!

You still entered either Crooooooow! :sly:

I have a image of an Audi R8 in the pits, but its having and its the only picture I have and can get due to work and school.

Too busy to enter! Trying to finally 100% GTA San Andreas ever since I got it (never bothered with it), playing an old love called Colin McRae Rally 1 and busy with my dearest girlfriend. So... GT4 is on a hiatus for me!

Where are the entries? I can't enter because I'm grounded. :indiff:

I'll repeat myself...

"I would most likely say it's just the theme, because it's rather difficult and also rather strict."

That's where they are, the theme isn't a very easy one, so most people don't want to try, because they can't get good shots.

Skython
That's where they are, the theme isn't a very easy one, so most people don't want to try, because they can't get good shots.

They just don't have the balls to at least make an attempt. :sly:
Simply enter the pit stop while opponents are passing by, and aim the camera from an opponent towards your vehicle on the pit. Or drive by an opponent whom is in the pit stop. I find no challenge out of the entire subject.

Wow, no entries. I didn't enter this week as I didn't feel like figuring out the whole pit pic thing. I'll enter next week though.

I would enter, because I have my TV now... But... You can't save a replay without a memory card, so I can't take photo's of a pit stop. Which right now, are at my sister's friend's house. :grumpy:

FINAL ENTRY

Simply enter the pit stop while opponents are passing by, and aim the camera from an opponent towards your vehicle on the pit.

This. Do a Family Cup race, set the difficulty really low, pass everyone on the first lap but don't get too far ahead, then pit. It takes some trial and error to figure out which opponent to ride with in the replay to set yourself up for shots. But at least you don't have to wade through 20 minutes of replay to get to the pit stop.

194GVan
FINAL ENTRY

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/hcpit.jpg/

This. Do a Family Cup race, set the difficulty really low, pass everyone on the first lap but don't get too far ahead, then pit. It takes some trial and error to figure out which opponent to ride with in the replay to set yourself up for shots. But at least you don't have to wade through 20 minutes of replay to get to the pit stop.

Thanks for additional clarification and great entry.

By any chance, Crooooooow. Did you already have that photo before the week was opened?

Skython
By any chance, Crooooooow. Did you already have that photo before the week was opened?

I captured it two days after this week opened. Why do you ask?

I captured it two days after this week opened. Why do you ask?

Because as much as I hate to say it, you actually have a really good entry. :P And since it's a really good entry in the theme you chose, it seemed sort of fishy. It just made me wonder if you just got a really good shot and then chose the theme so you could enter it. Which is if I must say, is sort of foul play. I'm not saying that you did do this, and that it's wrong, this is just my opinion. Though even then, thc118 is your best competition right now.

EDIT: I changed my entry to something a little more creative to fit what everyone else is doing.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back