Wellington
f_UECMainBannm_8c7d72f.png

Week 78

27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 76 winner mynameissport

"Clean race car shots"

Cars: Race cars only.

Track: Any.

Photo Travel: No (not allowed, race cars need to be on the track).

Poll Size: --

Explanation: In mynameissport's words: "Show us a race car where it belongs on the racetrack.".​

HOWEVER:

They must be clean and bright like a snapshot
- Show movement and/or action so NO still shots
- Single and group shots are allowed
- Use NO Blur (Including focus and motion blur)
- Use NO Filters (E.g. Black and white, sepia)
- Exposure is allowed (However no extreme exposure like too bright or too dark intentional shots)
- White balance is allowed (However no extreme white balance to wash out the picture)

Examples:

#1:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa191/mynameissport/GTOneVsR92CPatSSR5fullview.jpg

#2:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa191/mynameissport/WK69F.jpg

Closes:

December, 30th

Rules:

• Allowed photo editing tools: Resize. No other modifications allowed outside GT4 photomode.
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.
  • The theme chooser cannot enter the competition he is judging.

Happy Photomoding everyone!

Sorry this week was late.

Last edited:
Final Entry

'88 Jaguar XJR-9 @ the Nürburgring Nordschleife

I'll leave it open for another week.

Last edited:
Hi gt_master,

to have the picture already open like a preview, see here for instructions.

You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image to follow by the rules.

Yup, I'll close it once you've posted your entry.

RedDragon and gt_master, in order to comply with the rules, you need to have a clickable preview that, once it gets clicked on, shows the full size.

See here for instructions

Nice picture, jinjinweiwei, but sadly it has a bit of blur on it, so it doesn't comply with the rules.

gt_master, I will let this slide as it's a hint of blur, but please next time, can you read the rules more carefully. But you will still need to have a preview that clicks on to the full size.

When I click on my photo on my iPod it brings up the full size. Also doesn't the link count?

Thanks, RedDragon

No, you need a small picture that, when click on it, goes to the full size picture.

SVX
Nice picture, jinjinweiwei, but sadly it has a bit of blur on it, so it doesn't comply with the rules.

gt_master, I will let this slide as it's a hint of blur, but please next time, can you read the rules more carefully. But you will still need to have a preview that clicks on to the full size.

ah sry i mis understood the rule. new one is coming. if not too late

this part of the rule is quite a paradox lol
"They must be clean and bright like a snapshot
- Show movement and/or action so NO still shots
- Single and group shots are allowed
- Use NO Blur (Including focus and motion blur)
- Use NO Filters (E.g. Black and white, sepia)"

Last edited:
SVX

Half the entries, including mine, need to be re-shot then. As there is motion blur in the wheels on all the shots that you can see the rims, as well as the backgrounds are not crisp and blur-less.

Kind of hard to conform to the rules when they are a contradiction, show movement and no stills, yet no blur. The only way to convey movement or action in a single picture is blur, other than perceived movement.

Half the entries, including mine, need to be re-shot then. As there is motion blur in the wheels on all the shots that you can see the rims, as well as the backgrounds are not crisp and blur-less.

Kind of hard to conform to the rules when they are a contradiction, show movement and no stills, yet no blur. The only way to convey movement or action in a single picture is blur, other than perceived movement.

with you 100% on that one Grumpy lol

I think the rules mean, that there is no blur (so the wheels are still), but in the replay the car is actually moving, not just posing at a standstill. I'll keep it open for another week.

I'm just going to throw this out there; from what I remember of GT4's Photomode, it's literally impossible to have a picture where the wheels are un-blurred, but the car is moving. The wheels are typically the fastest moving things in the picture, so they are the first things to show a hint of motion blur, and the last things to freeze up to still-frame.

That is an odd contradictory rule... strange!

Latest Posts

Back