Week 85​

27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 83 winner Dan360

"1 Lap Magic!"

Cars: Any cars featured in Driving Missions 25-34

Track: Any featured in Driving Missions 25-34

Photo Travel: No.

Poll Size: --

Explanation: Take a photo of a close finish between the first and last starting car. The event must be in the Driving Missions hall.

Closes:

June, 2nd

Rules:

• Allowed photo editing tools: Resize. No other modifications allowed outside GT4 photomode.
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.
  • The theme chooser cannot enter the competition he is judging.

Happy Photomoding everyone!

Sorry this week was late.

Last edited:
Dammit, I used to have a saved replay of one where I made first by 0.074 seconds (I still remember doing the race) but I deleted it :grumpy: Now I have to redo one of those cursed challenges

I think you have my vote already, since that is insanely close

-and it's at the 'ring, making up that 123 seconds. Finally made it close on like the 6th try, only that time I had to lull a bit because I caught up going into the straight.

EDIT:
Let's not forget that this is a Photo competition, voting should be on the quality of the shot combined with the adherence to the theme,

Last edited:
Here's my entry for now

Nice close finish, how close was it?

Any more entries?? Only 2, not too surprising, considering the extreme difficulty of the theme.

IMO- We should try to keep the theme within the abilities of the average driver for these photo competitions. Although I really liked the theme, and enjoyed running the 'ring 5 or 6 times to get that really close finish, most drivers are not going to bother putting forth that much effort to get the shot that conforms to this theme. This theme would have worked better a year or two ago, when we were getting 5-10 entries per competition, but when we are only getting 2-5 entries per competition it is harder to fill a poll. -Just food for thought.

Nice close finish, how close was it?

Any more entries?? Only 2, not too surprising, considering the extreme difficulty of the theme.

IMO- We should try to keep the theme within the abilities of the average driver for these photo competitions. Although I really liked the theme, and enjoyed running the 'ring 5 or 6 times to get that really close finish, most drivers are not going to bother putting forth that much effort to get the shot that conforms to this theme. This theme would have worked better a year or two ago, when we were getting 5-10 entries per competition, but when we are only getting 2-5 entries per competition it is harder to fill a poll. -Just food for thought.

0.003 seconds. I completely agree with you about the themes GrumpEone, I had to run the Mazda 1 lap magic 15 times and I didn't get a single photo. And it took 10 attempts to get the photo I entered.

Don't worry folks, my entry shouldn't be too difficult :P As long as SVX opens a vote for this one soon :P :P :P :D :D :D Smiley overload :D

My PS2 is being funky, so nay on my part... We had rounds in the past with only 2 entries (the dark age when scenery comp fell :( ) and I hope that my theme next round should be doable for 99% of GTPers :)

That BMW winning shot from a couple weeks ago is still better than either entry! (but I don't think it would conform to the theme)

Can we have a poll for this so we can get on with another theme please?

Latest Posts

Back