Unable to connect to Online Rooms

• Thread starter Suthy66
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
suthy66
I have had the game for quite a while and took a break before this break I was able to do everything in the game but after I got back into the game I'm not able to join online rooms but I can use the seasonal events. When I scroll through and pick a room I would like to join the loading bar gets to around 1/4 of the way then stops and gives me an error "Failed to join room."

I have reset my internet completely and also the PS3, I have also tryed the game for a week before posting this and it has never worked. I am on a wireless setup and not able to get wired and suggestions.

Also when I test my connection in the PS3 network settings it says I have a type 2 Nat type

Thanks

If I'm being honest it probably it a problem on my end but I'm not the most technically advanced haha, I've looked around and the post that explain it I'm sure are fine but none really worked for me sadly. All I want to do is race and cruise

It could also be due to the modders. I've seen instances where a player has been kicked off a room and when he tried to rejoin online, it kept closing it on him for certain period of time.

Check your MBPS speed at the console. When I was getting 3mbps it was iffy. At 12 to 15 it's so much better.

Yeah. I'm experiencing similar problem with joining online lobbies/rooms. Error code is [1858] "Unable to join lobby".
Sometimes I'm able to join rooms full of players only to see 4-5 other drivers on track. I'm baffled to all this since I wasn't changing any network settings on my PS3 and all other "online" games work fine.

I guess I will have to contact my internet provider since I'm not allowed to change router settings by myself :(

Something seems to be up with the servers. Last nite a lobby I join every week had a bunch of problems and those of us in the western hemisphere were the ones affected. I've been having extremely long load times for CM tracks and seasonal events. It's not my ISP as I'm getting 13mbps at the console.

It's not my ISP as I'm getting 13mbps at the console.
What about the upload? What about the ping? What about the jitter? What about your connection being shaped at certain times of day or for different services?

These are all dependent on your ISP. Bandwidth is just how much data you can ram into the pipe at once. It's not a be-all and end-all measurement.

Just got home, turned on GT6 tried to go to the online lobbies and I'm kicked out almost immediately. I don't even have time to select a lobby to join because I get the boot that fast.

Latest Posts

Back