Unable to connect...

  • Thread starter Thread starter elvindrel
  • 6 comments
  • 4,151 views
Messages
1
Messages
elvind
I have been able to play all other games the last week, but GT5 is still not working :(

The error message is "A connection to the server could not be established.(ID = 1:536)
I'm able to play the game, but not online.

I have read others having this problem, but in the last thread on this forum it looks like it's working for everyone now ( ? ) I live in Norway, in case that matters...

I tried to Clear System Cash in case that would help, but no luck. Maybe I can delete the game and reinstall?
Any help would be great! Thank you!
 
For some reason people still have your problem. At least, you're not alone and it'll be fixed soon, hopefully.
 
CRAP! ME TOO, IT STARTED FREEZING IN THE MIDDLE OF HOSTING ONLINE B-SPEC!!! going to try dumping cache, see if that helps, wish me luck
 
I have this problem to. I tried to change the pri. and sek. DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as is said should help some places on the net. it did help, in a way. the game and SE loads up much faster now, but when i have finished my first race after changing the DNS, the load time back to the main menu is loooong, and then the game seems to lose connection again. I am sick and tired of this. I've been with the game since the first one, but this new net connection thing is just them dumbest thing, it slows the game so much. just changing menu from, lets say, dealership and back to main menu takes forever, and i know its the server connection, because when i disable the net connection on my ps, the game is much faster and more fluid to play. Do anyone have any idea to what to do if this DNS trick doesn't really work??
 
Last edited:
This happend to me same error code in mid game online i got disconected then that error came up i just reset my modem was working fine after.
 
I've got this error this morning, seriously annoying as it just hangs at every point where it would access the network.

(All PSN and other networking functions work fine)
 
Back