Unable to flash or turn on headlights, what gives?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I believe I’m experiencing a game issue and would be interesting to know if anyone else has experienced it, because there’s nothing on an internet search.

I simply cannot use my headlights. I cannot flash them or turn them on or off at all. They had worked in the past, but can’t say exactly when it stopped working. Done controller reset and no change. Thinking my L3 button had been damaged or broken I swapped it out for a brand new controller. Made absolutely no difference. They simply will not operate and though a minor thing really frustrating in some situations. To note hazards still work.

Anyone else experienced this or who can advise a solution please?

Have you checked your controller button assignments?

Yeah and all fine. And the button works as tried in another game. Just makes no sense and so frustrating.

Thinking about deleting the game and reloading. Only thing I can think of now as it may have corrupted with updates at some point. Or it’s a bug. Just frustrating and unusual as nobody seems to have suffered it.

Yeah and all fine. And the button works as tried in another game. Just makes no sense and so frustrating.

Thinking about deleting the game and reloading. Only thing I can think of now as it may have corrupted with updates at some point. Or it’s a bug. Just frustrating and unusual as nobody seems to have suffered it.
Have you turned if your PS4 completely and started back up? I had a brief concern, when every function worked, but the X button, when I was in Livery Editor.

Could be something similar.

Have you turned if your PS4 completely and started back up? I had a brief concern, when every function worked, but the X button, when I was in Livery Editor.

Could be something similar.

Do you mean unplug the PS4 from the wall after shutting it off? Sounds like you had a similar issue. If I understood what you suggested to me to do did that resolve your X button issue!?

Do you mean unplug the PS4 from the wall after shutting it off? Sounds like you had a similar issue. If I understood what you suggested to me to do did that resolve your X button issue!?
I just shut it off without unplugging. Yes, it worked. Haven't had a problem since. Keep in mind, I've only had the game and PS4, brand new, for one month.

Just in case anyone else has had any issue with this or controller issues in general, I discovered after further research that if you have an external Hdd in the rear USB port of a PS4 Pro then it can create controller issues. Seems rare but is reported. After relocating the Hdd to the front USB port I now have control of my headlights again! Never did I think this was the problem.

Back